God of the Wave spyder3000gtvr4's Avatar

accelerator pump and impellar question on gp1200r

i just cleaned/rebuilt my carbs im no pro so i figureed id post the question. im running Riva F/A (sale pending), d-plate and free flow. if it matters it was converted to premix, and has a primer kit. the jet setting are stock. should i leave the accelerator pump on or should i remove it? its my gf's ski and she will probably be running in the 5-6k rpm range. i guess i should leave it on right until i get a jet kit?

What impellar would be better on this? im poor now from building her ski up i have the stock impellar and a speedfreaks solas yf-cd 14/20 that appears to be repitched to 12.5/18.5. i have a new plastic wear ring and the solas is clean the stock is kinda rough but i can clean it up

There is no VooDoo like BadVooDoo NeVerMind's Avatar
    On the first note... If you are going F/As you will need to rejet.. Additional air will lean out the mix without re-jetting.

The prop you mentioned sounds like a holeshot champ... if your stocker is banged up, better to run the cleaner one and look for a true 14/20. I am sure you can get one on GH for around $100. (I've sold a few)

i should be ok though running the ski only a few times right? (the remander of the season) since im tapped i dont have the money to get a jetkit and hope to be able to get the jets out. its my girls ski and i know she will never be doing 60 so i figured id get her to 40-50 in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3000gtvr4 View Post
    i should be ok though running the ski only a few times right? (the remander of the season) since im tapped i dont have the money to get a jetkit and hope to be able to get the jets out. its my girls ski and i know she will never be doing 60 so i figured id get her to 40-50 in a hurry
    Ya sure, run it lean once and it will only seize a piston a little bit . Something like being just a little pregnant. The most dangerous lean spot without re-jetting is the mid-range 4-5000 rpm right where you usually ride.

well i guess since being almost pregnant doesnt count i shouldnt worry. im going to connect the acc pump and connect it to all 3 carbs instead of 1 & 3. it blows up so be it, im getting good at this rebuilding the motor thing it just has to last a handful of rides till i can afford the jetkit & hope the screws come out

just open up the high speed mixtures a bit to be safe for now

which set of screws would that be top or bottom? and what 1/2 turn?

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3000gtvr4 View Post
    which set of screws would that be top or bottom? and what 1/2 turn?
    The top ones. I am assuming you removed the plugs from them. Where are they set now?

when i cleaned out the carbs i didnt touch the jets, i never touched the tamper caps. is there anything at all i can do if there locked up?

Thread Information