Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Best STABLE wave jumper??

    I want something light and fun to throw around, but I dont want something as unstable as a waveblaster 1, i need something i can put a new rider on to mess around on, but I also want something i can take out and slam waves with.. are the 96 xp or hx's any more stable than the waveblasters? i just want something that can be ridden by a novice and not topple over sitting still. any suggestions?


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I want something light and fun to throw around, but I dont want something as unstable as a waveblaster 1, i need something i can put a new rider on to mess around on, but I also want something i can take out and slam waves with.. are the 96 xp or hx's any more stable than the waveblasters? i just want something that can be ridden by a novice and not topple over sitting still. any suggestions?
    You might consider a GSX. The XP is more stable than a WB1 but the HX is not. The 96 XP can be quite a handful for the balance impaired, especially deepwater reboarding.

  3. #3
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    How much do you weigh? If under 200, the 96 XP/ X-4 hull is the best jumper ever. With handling mods it can be a blast, much more stale than a Blaster, but not a ski for a newb to jump waves with. This hull is light and very responsive to body english and weight shift.

  4. #4
    steach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rock Tavern, NY
    Posts
    3,174
    +1
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    How much do you weigh? If under 200, the 96 XP/ X-4 hull is the best jumper ever. With handling mods it can be a blast, much more stale than a Blaster, but not a ski for a newb to jump waves with. This hull is light and very responsive to body english and weight shift.
    +10 weight is the issue with the X4.
    100-160# is perfect for daily use.
    150-200# for jumping. The add'l wt. helps to plant the butt for launch.

  5. #5
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    +10 weight is the issue with the X4.
    100-160# is perfect for daily use.
    150-200# for jumping. The add'l wt. helps to plant the butt for launch.
    HEY I'm 230 and have no problems with my XP esp getting air.

  6. #6
    steach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rock Tavern, NY
    Posts
    3,174
    +1
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    HEY I'm 230 and have no problems with my XP esp getting air.
    I agree! I'm the same size and love riding at sundown so I can see my shadow get WAY out of the water but I'm shot too early!

  7. #7
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    HEY I'm 230 and have no problems with my XP esp getting air.
    Ha ha! I didn't mean getting air, I meant reboarding out in the surf. My uncle is 6'1" @ 220 and hates his daughter's 96 unstable ride...lol

  8. #8
    Mik72e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia (Sydney)
    Posts
    1,472
    +1
    3
    I was tossing up recently what to buy as well.Settled with a 99 GSX LTD only to start with play in the surf and then maybe then go to a smaller ski for my air time and tricks .

    The GSX was a stand out for me light for its size nimble not that much heavier over a X4 hull but more stable for sure.

    I can see my self going to a X4 100% in the future

  9. #9
    Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Paul MN
    Posts
    290
    I have the 97 GSX (110 hp) and love the feel, only wish is for more HP. I am 6'1" 250(ish) and have no boarding step. I do find it easier to get on from the rear side and throttle and climb on. Just besure the shorts are tied on good!!!

  10. #10
    so would the xp be something a new rider could board and not go swimming immediately?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Warning to Spark big air wave jumpers !!!
    By SLASHER in forum Sea Doo Spark
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 10:38 AM
  2. GP 760 as a wave jumper?? what do you think
    By vincent vega in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM
  3. Wave Jumpers
    By Lezzosoap in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 08:57 PM
  4. Question for any wave jumpers
    By ecpChris in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
  5. happy birth day wave jumper
    By Raider Kevin in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •