+1

Pump wegde install help on a 15F??

I am about to install a pump wedge on a 07 15f. Any body know how far you need to adjust the steering cable after you get everything else back together??? And the torque specs on the mounting bolts???? Thanks

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I use the snug and a grunt method, make sure you use loc tite (blue) and you will have to do it as needed, set your handle bars straight then adjust from there.................

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    I use the snug and a grunt method, make sure you use loc tite (blue) and you will have to do it as needed, set your handle bars straight then adjust from there.................
    Thanks bud, i did that snug and grunt method , forgot the loc-tite oops. I checked the position of the handle bars and they don't appear to have changed any. I'm heading over to Greers Ferry Lake over in ark. Doing a 325 mile run that this group I ride with do 3 to 4 times during the summer. Hey load up and come on over, We usually camp out at a place called the narrows. Google Greers Ferry Ark and check it out . Thanks again for the info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    Thanks bud, i did that snug and grunt method , forgot the loc-tite oops. I checked the position of the handle bars and they don't appear to have changed any. I'm heading over to Greers Ferry Lake over in ark. Doing a 325 mile run that this group I ride with do 3 to 4 times during the summer. Hey load up and come on over, We usually camp out at a place called the narrows. Google Greers Ferry Ark and check it out . Thanks again for the info.

better put that blue loctite on before your lose the entire reduction and steering nozzle.

also, r u going to gps to see if any gains with the wedge ? i hear about 2 mph can be seen with this

Quote Originally Posted by inchadeboca View Post
    better put that blue loctite on before your lose the entire reduction and steering nozzle.

also, r u going to gps to see if any gains with the wedge ? i hear about 2 mph can be seen with this
    you only see that kind of gain in flat water, w/ the stock plate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    you only see that kind of gain in flat water, w/ the stock plate
    what about with rd plate? has anyone tested this

+1
    yes, i read someone used it with the r&d plate - it was very unstable around 35mph - lots of porposing. i think it gave a little speed, maybe another mph?

the r&d plate is angled, so the wedge on top of it lifts the nose of the 15f real high and any chop will prob get the hull to porpose. not good imo, but then again i am a closed course racer at heart.

+1
    Well after a good dose of blue lock tight and longer bolts.. took it out and ran it this weekend with the gps. Didn't gain anything with the exception of it not having bow steer a bad as it used to. It seems to be slower out of the hole too. I would have thought it would jump up quicker and plane out sooner. The water was like glass, not even a ripple. Rode 165 miles of Greers ferry lake saturday, in the after noon the wind did kick up some but the top speed i saw during that time was around 62.5 up to ... and i think the current of the river had everything to do with this but did see 67.8 but the current speed was around 4 mph. Any ideas???????????????? oh yeah its a stock ride plate with the holes sealed off

Thread Information