Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

gp1300r

hey guys quik adive i bought a 08 gpr1300 and listed below are the modz im going to do let me no the results if i do it .. good or bad ???

intake grate
    d plate
    prop
    air filter
    ride plate

cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by ayman View Post
    hey guys quik adive i bought a 08 gpr1300 and listed below are the modz im going to do let me no the results if i do it .. good or bad ???

intake grate
    d plate
    prop
    air filter
    ride plate

cheers guys
    well it depends on what water conditions you ride in is what will determine what type of rideplate, intake grate & prop you will need. do you usually ride in chop or smooth water do you want the ski to be set up for top-end speed or acceleration?

gpr13000

wel i ride smooth and jump waves but mainly i want it for take off speed cause it laggs a lil bit watta u think i should so and wat brands

Riva Power plenum flame arrestor wat does this do exactly???

thanks

it's an air intake that clamps on to the throttle bodies you will yield apporximately 2 mph & be better out of the hole (take off). but if you like to jump i would reccomend my mods plus jetworks mod EFI controller milled oem head & forget the trim tabs. If you aren't too crazy about handling you won't need the riva sponsons either.

i dont want to set the ski up for like jumps only. i really want bottom end speed (hole ) take off to be much quiker and at the same time not do any internal mods to keep the ski reliable,

what i really want is to be quicker outta the hole den the seadoo rxp 255

Quote Originally Posted by ayman View Post
    what i really want is to be quicker outta the hole den the seadoo rxp 255
    that's gonna be hard without going with aftermarket compression (milled oem head). You can still have a reliable ski wit just islandracing holeshot kit,power plenum flame arrestor,free flow exhaust, Riva EFI controller, skat-trak impeller, riva trim tabs, Jims FF plate, stepped sponsons, Riva intake grate, Riva pump seal kit with a properly sealed pump shoe with 4200. I doubt you will be able to beat an seadoo X model with only those mods mill that head and you may have a chance. there's a lot of info on here just keep reading.

Angry

Hey Ross, Im new to this forum but not to watercraft. Unfortunately, I ran into the exact same thing you just said. I bought a 00 Gpr1200 and started buying this and that for it. To make a long story short, I've spent over 4k in mode and labor to get only 5 to 6 mile gain. Over the years, I've been neglecting my ski and almost sold it. I really love my Gpr1200, I want to do something with it but don't know where to start. I'm a speed junky. I just found out about this site two days ago and have been reading alot. I can't believe the numbers in speed I'm seeing. It's amazing!!!!!! All this info I'm gathering from this site has put a big smile on my face. I just read about a single pipe set up that will put you in the 85+ speeds without tripples. WOW!!
    Now as I am still reading more and more, it's now getting hard to know who to go to. I want a 85+ GPR reliable as possiable. I'm not planning to race it, just want to be a weekend speed freak. LOL..... I realiaze that I would need to start with at least a GPR1300 motor. I'm even willing and thinking if it just would be easier to buy a hole complete built motor like the 1390 I've read about. Then I also heard of people droping SC RXP motors in them. What do I do?... Where do I start?... Sorry for all the questios, I just don't want to make the same mistake again. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY G View Post
    Hey Ross, Im new to this forum but not to watercraft. Unfortunately, I ran into the exact same thing you just said. I bought a 00 Gpr1200 and started buying this and that for it. To make a long story short, I've spent over 4k in mode and labor to get only 5 to 6 mile gain. Over the years, I've been neglecting my ski and almost sold it. I really love my Gpr1200, I want to do something with it but don't know where to start. I'm a speed junky. I just found out about this site two days ago and have been reading alot. I can't believe the numbers in speed I'm seeing. It's amazing!!!!!! All this info I'm gathering from this site has put a big smile on my face. I just read about a single pipe set up that will put you in the 85+ speeds without tripples. WOW!!
    Now as I am still reading more and more, it's now getting hard to know who to go to. I want a 85+ GPR reliable as possiable. I'm not planning to race it, just want to be a weekend speed freak. LOL..... I realiaze that I would need to start with at least a GPR1300 motor. I'm even willing and thinking if it just would be easier to buy a hole complete built motor like the 1390 I've read about. Then I also heard of people droping SC RXP motors in them. What do I do?... Where do I start?... Sorry for all the questios, I just don't want to make the same mistake again. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.
    there is a whole section on conversion (4-tec RXP motors in the GPR) There is a how to for everything, and your first step is to go through and read!

I was confused on a lot of things, in particular the conversions, and I spent an entire night reading every post and every how to and now I have a LOT more of a grasp on what to do.

You don't necessarily need to drop a 1300r motor in your 1200, you CAN have your 1200r motor bored by Lowell Horning to a 1300 or a 1390 or whatever.

the only real difference if you get your 1200r Big Bored to a 1300 is you will have Carbs, and the stock 1300 will be EFI and and obviously no carbs.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information