Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZR Finger Throttle Lever

Guys I read that the new FZR will have Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue. what that means is it thumb type throttle? i really prefer thumb type rather that what I'm having in my ultra 250
    Last edited by sportman; 09-09-2008 at 11:46 PM.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    [quote=sportman;790657]Guys I read that the new FZR will have Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue. what that means is it thumb time throttle? i really prefer thumb tipe rather that what I'm having in my ultra 250[/quote]

wow...ur the first person ive heard say that.....ppl r going out of their way to convert over to finger throttle because of the fact that rider ahnd fatigue is much less...but ok.....different strokes for different folks...

+1
    Every Yamaha I have owned had a finger throttle. The Kawi I had did have a thumb throttle for a short period of time then I convereted it to finger throttle.

I have often thought it would be easier to hang on to my SHO with a thumb throttle. I only use 1 finger right now. If I had one really big complaint about my SHO its that the damn thing stops too quickly when you dump the throttle like if your hand slips.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    I read that the new FZR will have Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue. What that means is it thumb time throttle?
    This is actually easily accomplished. The reason any throttle causes fatigue is due to the cable tension. Since Yamaha is converting their performance craft to all fly-by-wire electronic throttle systems, there's no more cable tension.

Rather, engineers are very smart to design throttle triggers with springs to provide the illusion of cable tension (so to fool your touch and provide necessary gradual resistance) but without fatiguing your hand.

As you see more OEMs going with high-tech throttle/ECU engine management systems, you'll see more spring-loaded throttle triggers rather than cable-tensioned throttles.

I dont like thumb throttles, they blow

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    I dont like thumb throttles, they blow
    +1 lol, But as Rip said, different strokes for different folks. But yeah, you are the first person i've heard say that lol.

I'm torn on the issue. With a thumb throttle, my thumb gets sore. With a finger throttle, it's harder to hold on in the rough stuff with my right hand and my finger gets tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    This is actually easily accomplished. The reason any throttle causes fatigue is due to the cable tension. Since Yamaha is converting their performance craft to all fly-by-wire electronic throttle systems, there's no more cable tension.

Rather, engineers are very smart to design throttle triggers with springs to provide the illusion of cable tension (so to fool your touch and provide necessary gradual resistance) but without fatiguing your hand.

As you see more OEMs going with high-tech throttle/ECU engine management systems, you'll see more spring-loaded throttle triggers rather than cable-tensioned throttles.
    Does the FZR/S have the new electronic finger throttle? Or is it a throttle cable?

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    Does the FZR/S have the new electronic finger throttle? Or is it a throttle cable?
    I think it does have the fly-by-wire cause the 2008 SHO does..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information