Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    Inlet manifold mod on p-x

    Hey guys, just want to know how many of you out there have done the inlet manifold mod on the p-x or t-x.. What gains did you get from it? more speed? better acceleration??


  2. #2
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,965
    +1
    2
    I noticed nothing. I did the free mod version. Personally if I had to do it over again I wouldn't.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,656
    I noticed improved throttle response, 1mph, and a .5psi boost increase. I find it hard to believe you gained nothing off this mod? Do you have a 4"intake?

  4. #4
    GUITARMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lake Dunlap, Texas
    Posts
    182

    manifold upgrade RXP-X

    I noticed a big differance and about .75-1.0 mile differance on gps!!!!

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    I did it on my father's TX, combined with a 4" intake...We instantly went to WOT at 1/2 throttle

  6. #6
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    I noticed nothing. I did the free mod version. Personally if I had to do it over again I wouldn't.
    How do you do the free mod version? is it the same as the one you can buy?

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    How do you do the free mod version? is it the same as the one you can buy?

    Remove the intake manifold...

    get a pair of pliers and LONG needle nose pliers...

    and WORK IT!

  8. #8
    i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NOVA - Pohick Bay/Lake Anna
    Posts
    285
    i havent dont it yet...so far ive only seen 1 negative response. i want to take the free mod as far as possible. i would love to be near 75 with just over $200 in this thing.

  9. #9
    Been there and back! BDNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silver Bay, Toms River, N.J.
    Posts
    1,536
    Removed mine as well. Picked up a solid mph. One tip, don't think for a minute that you can leave the manifold in and just take the throttle body off and simply pull the sucker out. The filter inside has 3 layers of material, the hardest of which is a non-pliable stainless-looking mesh. Be smart and pull the entire manifold and work from there.

    And while you are pulling the manifold, BE SURE TO INSPECT YOUR I/C. Look what I found on my 14 hr T-X. Before and after photos. I had to remove the i/c and soak it with gas 4x to clean it up. S/c clutch oiler was pushing oil past the o ring and into the s/c wheel, clogging up the i/c.


    Brendan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0815082023a.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	92444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0816080014b.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	92445  

  10. #10
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Removed mine as well. Picked up a solid mph. One tip, don't think for a minute that you can leave the manifold in and just take the throttle body off and simply pull the sucker out. The filter inside has 3 layers of material, the hardest of which is a non-pliable stainless-looking mesh. Be smart and pull the entire manifold and work from there.

    And while you are pulling the manifold, BE SURE TO INSPECT YOUR I/C. Look what I found on my 14 hr T-X. Before and after photos. I had to remove the i/c and soak it with gas 4x to clean it up. S/c clutch oiler was pushing oil past the o ring and into the s/c wheel, clogging up the i/c.


    Brendan
    Any negative affects of removing the filter? i mean, it must be there for a reason yer?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. exhaust manifold mod
    By rxpdoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 10:56 PM
  2. exhaust manifold mod
    By rxpdoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
  3. so im new, tell me the basic mods on the rxp please
    By flyn ryan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
  4. Nils J Pipe Mod on GTX
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 10:33 AM
  5. Pics of New Exterior Mods on RXP
    By Sundance in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •