Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fogging the SC ??

Can you fog the SC through the pink drain hose hole on the bottom of the air intake ??

I think I have come up with a pretty effective way to fog the SC. I have been fogging it at after every ride the last 2 months . . .

I do no think utilizing the hole from the pink nipple on the bottom of the airbox is the way to go. It is too low in the airbox and I do not think enough of the "fog" will find it's way into the SC.

On the big 4 inch rubber hose, just where it comes out of the airbox, I poked a very small hole in it about 2 inches past the airbox. The hole is just big enougth where I can insert the small red straw of a fogging can. When the engine is running, I squirt the fog into it for about 4 seconds. The motor will "cough" just a bit, but the SC blades are getting coated with a film of oil. When I am done, I take an extra hose clamp and tighten it down over the small hole (to prevent anything else getting sucked in thru the small hole). I think fogging oil is better then WD40 for something like this. Although a "WD40" like product would be better than nothing in my opinion.

How many times have you ridden on a rough day, and your pink nipple has some water in it? No doubt some of that moisture has found its way into the SC too! Granted, a small amount of moisture may be no big deal. But who really knows how much moisture is too much? I have not lost any RPM's or speed by implementing this procudure after I am done riding.

Thanks John, was hoping you would race Catalina this year,, what happened ???

WD-40 is USELESS, fogging oil is the way to go, will give your method a shot... Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Thanks John, was hoping you would race Catalina this year,, what happened ???

WD-40 is USELESS, fogging oil is the way to go, will give your method a shot... Thanks Chris
    I was in San Diego that weekend at a work related function. I will be there next year for sure; it's literally in my backyard! jb

I have the same set up as John

can you post pic?

What do you guys think of getting that junk in the intercooler? Someone had the idea of taking loose the hose from the sc to the ic.

+1
    I'm going to use silicone spray, should have no affect on heat exchange.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    What do you guys think of getting that junk in the intercooler? Someone had the idea of taking loose the hose from the sc to the ic.
    He isnt talking about holding the can spraying for 3 mins!

the small amount you will spray will not clog anything, all it will do is protect the blower!!

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Kawasaki say to do it when spraying fogging oil into the blower, I take my pipe off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information