Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dumbest thing I've done on a ski

You guys should get a kick out of this. Labor day wasent to pretty out here in Stephensville. Not very good riding conditionds in the morning do to taking a direct hit from Gustav. So we just sat around and had a few margaritas and watched it blow from our buddies concrete bunker, I was sure glad I had him as a freind. After 2 hours of watching shingles come off and trees go down the weather got really nice. So we decided we should go check out how Gros held up. Tequilla is an amazing thing. Well we launched the skis and about halfway there the wind started picking up bye the time we got there it was a steady 30 mph gusts to 60, it was quit interesting, I guess they have this thing called the back side of the eye. There were 2 foot ground swells in the bayou behind Gros, never seen that before. Anyway we made it there and all was good nobody was around to sell beer good thing we had a few with us. Decided we made it this far Grassy lake couldn't be "that" bad so we continued the loop. Not thebest thing to do. I din't know 3 foot white caps were possible on there. It was kinda interesting though because the wind had picked up some. so every time the ski came out the water it went sidways. Pretty fun actually. Well just thought someone might be interested in the state of the Mudbug area after the storm. all is looking good. Hopefully Leroyand Wanda will be up and running soon, I'm getting thirsty.

MONGO

+1

good news

i did the same thing once in my boat on the intracoastal, scary but fun, alcohol sure makes you brave...good to hear about the gros.....

Lake Michigan can be like that sometimes. Couple weeks ago we had good 6-7 foot swells and I had an 06 GTX just about striaght up and down, kinda cool feeling the wind push u back once you get to a certian hight.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Lake Michigan can be like that sometimes. Couple weeks ago we had good 6-7 foot swells and I had an 06 GTX just about striaght up and down, kinda cool feeling the wind push u back once you get to a certian hight.
    Yeah but Grassy is about 8 ft deep(usually 5ft) and a few hundred yards across. Not exactly a breeding ground for big rollers.

+1
    Glad to hear your OK Mongo and that MB area/Gros etc is ok
    I saw Mongo hit a BIG Gator at MB this year, probably got his attention the same way those white caps on grassy lake did.

+1
    MONGO!! YOU'RE A CRAZY FOOL!!! lol! glad you are okay!!!

It was a good thing me wore our wetsuits, helmets and goggles because when the 50 mph rain hit we didn't even feel it. And that was sitting still.

Yea princess I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box, but I can have sum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    Glad to hear your OK Mongo and that MB area/Gros etc is ok
    I saw Mongo hit a BIG Gator at MB this year, probably got his attention the same way those white caps on grassy lake did.
    they make a hell of a sound dont they !!!!

I nailed a croc at 60mph a few weeks ago, fish jumped out the water, followed by guess who and I was 20 feet away at 60 so the inevetable happened......bet the bugger had a headache for a few days

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    wait till you try that on your XP...it come over backwards on ya. happens to me all the time jumping into the wind. just dont let go. it hurts a lot more if you do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information