Thread: 07 180c

07 180c

i need some advice, or help...

i have an 07 sc 180c..7hrs on it, and have had problems with it since day one!..
    the bilge pump gave out a while back, realized it was the fuses that werent working. I read on here it might be a circuit, or wires touching etc etc...

this caused my engine to DROWN..swallowed water, and the cylinder closest to the bench seat took a dump!bent, broke, etc...

i purchased ext. warranty,when i bought the boat, but comes out that they dont cover "water damage"....wtf???now the friggin dealer wants to order me a new engine for 6k, or offered to rebuild it...

BRP's only reason as to y they would order me a new one is with a "factory defect"....isnt the bilge pump a factory defect??if it wouldnt have been for that, the friggin water wouldnt have been in the bilge to begin with therefore the engine not drowning..

thanx in advance...

[thought bubble].......makes a mental note to install that 2nd bilge pump when I install the 2nd battery.......[/thought bubble]

Did you put the drain plugs in before you put it into the water

yeah i did...im pretty good at remembering that stuff, specially since my bilge pump doesnt work...
    what happened was when i took it to the sea, water was choppy, had a few big splashes of water go over the bow and stay in the boat. at this time i was on my way back to the dock to drain the water out,when the engine just suddenly stopped. i opened the engine hatch and a bunch of blue smoke came out... scared, i let it rest for about 20 mins..tried starting it and nothing..no clinks,turning,nothing....had to get towed back to shore.

I can see why Sea-Doo doesn't want to fix it though. You say that the bilge pump went out some while back and you continued to use the boat anyway. If the bilge pump went out the same day you had the problem I am sure you would have had a case but you knew it wasn't working before you went out and you went out in heavy chop anyway. To me the broken bilge pump should be taken care of by Sea-Doo but the water in the motor is really your fault. Where did you think all that water was going to go if you had no bilge pump?

1996 Sea Doo Challenger (787x1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mYnoRocKs View Post
    yeah i did...im pretty good at remembering that stuff, specially since my bilge pump doesnt work....

Well, on the bright side, you finally have time now to get around to fixing it that busted bilge pump.

I wouldn't warranty repairs for that engine, either.

1996 Sea Doo Challenger (787x1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vwDavid View Post
    [thought bubble].......makes a mental note to install that 2nd bilge pump when I install the 2nd battery.......[/thought bubble]
    Second thought bubble: "Don't do any more cool sub moves...till bilge
    pump is working again..."

Did the water get in the motor because the bilge area was full of water or because you towed it back without pinching the water line to the exhaust? Just a thought......

Thread Information