Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

S150 speed report

My mods are in my signature, but since they change so much, I'll post them here for prosperity:

2007 Speedster 150 SCIC
    -Rude supercharger; XS Power intercooler w/Groco strainer; Rude RRFPR; double thru-hull exhaust; flared J-pipe w/AFR bung; custom 4" dual fresh air intake; RR 55C thermostat; R&D "X" intake grate; solid front engine mount; SS wear ring; Solas Concord 15/20; Garmin 76CSx GPS; Cyberdyne boost guage; Dual MXDM70 stereo w/remote & MP3; dual battery system; Sony XM-604M amp & 10" sub; Polk MOMO speakers
    Holy crap, I've got this thing dialed in nicely! Just got back from a test, took off the 15/19+1mm 3-blade that had my RPMs are 8180, and threw on an untouched 15/20, which put me perfectly at 8100. My average GPS is now 62.5mph! My last 62mph run was in the winter, so I'm ecstatic to be there in 88F water. I was 2mph off with the 3-blade, but that might have more to do with being too close to the limiter. The Rude is giving me 11.5# boost, but I've always been one pound down from where I should be, so either my gauge is wrong or I've still got a leak somewhere.

It's starting to feel scary fast, and I like that feeling. I'm going to start my AFR testing and ensure that it's within limits. In the meantime, I've got a new SC on the way to test, so there might be a practically new Rude SC for sale at a bargain soon.

I'll get video when I can, but my lake is still 7 feet low and unusable. I have to go test in another lake, and it's much more difficult to coordinate my wife to be there to film. I live in the only place in the entire state of Florida that saw no rain from T.S. Fay.

i wanna hear how that dual thru hull exhuast sounds. that thing must be a rocket on the water

I'll do my best to get a clip this weekend, even if with a little cheap camera. Strange, my first outting with it last week, it didn't seem that different from stock, but today, I could really notice the difference. Rumbles really nice. I still don't notice it being any louder than stock (just deeper), which is a result I'm happy with.
    Last edited by VX1; 09-07-2008 at 08:19 PM.

+1
    Scott wait intill you get cold water I can see you at 65 to 66 boost will go up to

i cant wait to see vid and sound clip

Well keep me posted about your RUDE. I may be interested once my boat gets back from the washer failure rebuild party. I bet that your boost will go up to the proper # with cooler water and weather. Condensed air = HP right.
    Good to hear that you didn't get beat up at all by T.S Fay.
    I can't wait to see this boat fly and I am really curriouse about the dual hull exhaust sound too.

HURRY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockRubi
    Good to hear that you didn't get beat up at all by T.S Fay.
    No, I'm at the one place that desperately needed the rain. My shoreline is about 220' out from where it should be. I'm tired of mowing where my lake used to be! T.S. Hanna is only making it dryer here. The last time I got to use the boat on my lake a year and a half ago, I was pretty much still stock... I can't wait to show the neighbors the monster I've been building in the backyard!

The wife has reluctantly agreed to help me get a video made this weekend.

As promised, here's a video, but it's horrible quality. I wasn't about to train my wife to use my professional camera today, so it was taken with a little point 'n shoot, and she couldn't even figure out the zoom on that. Had to do it at a busy public dock, so there are way too many other noises and the wind was blowing into the camera pretty hard. It'll give you a taste though, and I'll get some really nice footage at some pont.

Also, even in the heat (91F water), my AFR was reading 13.0 at WOT. I later threw in some 42# injectors, which looks like it landed it at 11.9. Strangly, my idle reading was leaner with the 42s (14.0) than the 38s (13.6) seemed to be. I might have to replace my oxygen sensor.

VX1--- The video was great.... Sounds pretty tough!!!

I'm interested in the rude also VX1.....i think i'd be more incline to rebuild my boat again but this time with a rude to boost it....if i can get it....i might rebuild myself a brand new set-up...but damm it....i should have wait before reselling everything....!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information