01 GP1200r Temp sensor

Ok my first post ....I have had my 01 GP1200R for about 3 yrs now and have had Zero probs until last weekend. Exhaust Temp sensor came on about 1/2 hr into my ride. It also would not go above 5000 rpm and would die it i went to wot. So i figured it was time to lose the cat and put the D plate and chip in. Also rebuild the carbs. So I remove the stinger and it already has the cat removed and a D plate installed???? thats good except the sensor is still hoooked up ??? no chip! So confused. I am thinking the two issues are just a great coicidence but then i noticed the oil line was off of the rear most carb.. Any thoughts on how sensor was not flashing before now with no chip and cat removed? And then any thoughts on if the oil line would cause the bog? Seems unlikely ( oil line causing a bog) I thought the Ski was stock but someone has been messin. Since i have been scouring these threads i went and removed a warped flapper but it seemed to be stuck in the open position. I wanted to get some experienced opionions before i went any further.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    the bog was caused probably by seizure on #3 cyl causing it to bind the motor... i guess i better redo my lines this winter...

check this before cylinder

sounds like number three cylinder to me but if no chip it will give that code to the computer to only run about 5 grand. does it run fine at three quarters throttle if so put i chip in it
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    the bog was caused probably by seizure on #3 cyl causing it to bind the motor... i guess i better redo my lines this winter...

thanks for the replies.. but if its seized wouldnt it just stop running altogether ??? also one thing i didnt mention if i shut it down for a couple min , when i start up it back up it will run fine for about 30 sec?? gonna have a look at that cylinder tomm... will post what i find...

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    only seizes untill the piston cools and shrinks then runs ok till it gets hot and "sticks" again

he is right if you keep running it it will eventally lock up all together and scar the cylinder wall bad trust me i no

Thread Information