Red face Oil warning on 2004 Honda f-12x turbo

I just bought a 2004 Honda f-12x turbo. Ski had 89 hrs on it. I ran it for 4 hrs. it ran great. Then all of a sudden I started to get a oil warning light. I think it went into a safe mode. @ first it would run, But when you got up in the RPM's the oil warning light sounding and would only idle and a little throttle.I went through this cycle 3 or 4 times. After checking oil levles (witch are ok) could'nt even get it to start. I jumped it still no fire. I got it home checked spark none, and when battery is hooked up I am getting a hum noise coming out the rear of ski. even w/ key pulled out and dash lights go off. I think the hum is @ the coil pack. ( where battery cable goes to first). When u turn over motor it will click for 3 sec. then go to a hum. Any suggestions. Please Help. Thanks

problem

I bet it is the main relay. I have already changed two out on two different skis and they both had the hum in the relay. When the main relay goes it wont even turn over. The relay is behind the bigger square box that the red wire goes into. Kinda hidden let me know if this helps

ARX 1200t3 oil light.

Thanks for the post. I will check as soon as I get back in town. @ least I have a point to start. Thanks will update soon. THANKS!!!

oil light hum in main relay

Quote Originally Posted by hondarepoman View Post
    I bet it is the main relay. I have already changed two out on two different skis and they both had the hum in the relay. When the main relay goes it wont even turn over. The relay is behind the bigger square box that the red wire goes into. Kinda hidden let me know if this helps

Was one of the symptoms a oil light alarm coming on when the main relay went bad. It turned over but would not start. But first it was getting a oil warning light. Then it would not start after about about 3 starts then trying to get up on plane. then no spark.. Thanks

Oil warning lite on arx 1200t3

Thanks for the reply's. The hum was the main relay and the oil lite was high oil pressure switch ( I think ) I have ordered part but you know Honda back ordered. But when we grounded the high oil switch no problem. will post when part arives. Thanks agian...Pat

+1
    You will get an oil failure light if the main relay fails and kills the engine while its supposed to be running [there is no oil pressure].

Oil light

The main relay was replaced. I just got it back tonight. There was a 2 things going on 1 was the main relay and 2 was ther was 1.5 quarts to much oil. I will be going out tomorrow in hope that problem is fixed. I want to thank you all for the feedback. It realy helped. I look forward to the help you all give and hope I may help a few of you all. Again thanks...Pat
    Last edited by Dirtnut; 09-13-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Did the high pressure switch fix the oil light problem? If so do you remember where you bought the part from. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Clay

Thread Information