Help me find room! Pics of the boat~

Hey guys,

Well i have upgraded my stereo already. I did the work last week and it sounds awesome. I have 4 Alpine Marine 6.5's, Alpine V series 4 Channel Amp, Pioneer Headunit, with XM direct and Ipod Direct (Wired remote coming soon). I then went out and bought the Alpine Marine 10" Sub last night. I love what the 6.5's did to help the sound. The stock locations were a little too much and I wanted to lower the sound stage. It did the trick.

Found a spot for the sub..Pics to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	92487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	381.3 KB 
ID:	92488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	92489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	342.2 KB 
ID:	92490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	374.5 KB 
ID:	92491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	92492  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by svtjoe; 09-04-2008 at 07:04 PM.

so where is the sub going? I just added tower speakers to mine, they help but still don't do too much. Thinking about throwing in an amp, adding speakers like you did and a sub also. Should be all set then.

I know some guys here did put the subwoofer into the speaker location in your top left pic, just between the front left passenger and the rear left passenger on the side of the boat, and another guys here did put it upside-down in the storage compartment (he drilled a hole underneath the dash and the subwoofer shoots down on the driver's feet).

I think i'd personally choose the left side option, you will definitely like the pounding that the fiberglass hull will offer as a bass box....killer bass in these fiberglass hull....i did a similar system in my 05 C180...!

They should come that way from factory, but beware the amps suck up the battery quite fast, better add another auxiliary battery just for the audio system so the boat will always start well...!!!

+1
    How much did it all cost? and where did you get it from?

I did purchased every components on ebay, the 4 Kicker speakers, the Kicker subwoofer, and the MTX amp too, i had a friend who owns a harness company built me a heavy duty 6 AWG wiring harness for the power, one red+ one black to bolt at the battery directly for the amp, the red +12V has an inline 50 AMP fuse on it near the battery.

I also changed the headunit for a Boss Marine one that can play MP3 and audio CD's, it has a wired remote controller command, so that right in the driver seat you can actually see the remote display, and change or adjust your tunes while on the way...

All together now the system costed me around 1500$, but i did the install personally on the boat being a tech it was rather easy. i'D say it is now pounding very loud and well worth every dime....you can now hear the music at full speed,which was near impossible prior to the upgrade...plus now you get big bass in bonus as well.....just got to keep an eye on the battery power if you don't add a second auxiliary one which is my next step for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    I did purchased every components on ebay, the 4 Kicker speakers, the Kicker subwoofer, and the MTX amp too, i had a friend who owns a harness company built me a heavy duty 6 AWG wiring harness for the power, one red+ one black to bolt at the battery directly for the amp, the red +12V has an inline 50 AMP fuse on it near the battery.

I also changed the headunit for a Boss Marine one that can play MP3 and audio CD's, it has a wired remote controller command, so that right in the driver seat you can actually see the remote display, and change or adjust your tunes while on the way...

All together now the system costed me around 1500$, but i did the install personally on the boat being a tech it was rather easy. i'D say it is now pounding very loud and well worth every dime....you can now hear the music at full speed,which was near impossible prior to the upgrade...plus now you get big bass in bonus as well.....just got to keep an eye on the battery power if you don't add a second auxiliary one which is my next step for sure.
    all right, thanks for all the info! When I get a boat, a sound system upgrade is going to be the first thing I'm going to do.

Thread Information