Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X Any spider-cracking / delamination problems ??

I know the small re-inforcement foot bonded between the upper and lower deck was causing it to flex, spider crack the gel coat and in some cases severe de-lamination. Has any of this been addressed by BRP for 08 possibly for 09 ?? I really like the RXP-X, and it seems they have worked most of the glitches out of the motor, how about the hull ?? will it hold up to jumping and regular abuse ?? Thanks chris.
    Last edited by Chris288; 09-04-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I know the small re-inforcement foot bonded between the upper and lower deck was causing it to flex, crack the gel coat and in some cases severe de-lamination. Has any of this been addressed ?? I really like the RXP-X, and it seems they have worked most of the glitches out of the motor, how about the hull ?? will it hold up to jumping and regular abuse ?? Thanks chris.
    I have no clue about this... just wanted to say your chick has nice cans

Wow, from the lack of responses, I'm going to assume this is still a problem, and that all RXP owners just stick their head in the sand and hope it doesn't happen to them ??

Since BRP never addressed the ceramic washer problem as an official re-call but switched to metal, and delaminations are a real problem they won't admit to, maybe, just maybe they will beef up the hull in 09, anybody know ?? I'd really like to get an RXP-X....

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Wow, from the lack of responses, I'm going to assume this is still a problem, and that all RXP owners just stick their head in the sand and hope it doesn't happen to them ??

Since BRP never addressed the ceramic washer problem as an official re-call but switched to metal, and delaminations are a real problem they won't admit to, maybe, just maybe they will beef up the hull in 09, anybody know ?? I'd really like to get an RXP-X....
    Man honestly there havent been many threads of delams. Its very isolated. Some older skis having cracks pop every now and then. But I havent seen any for a quite a while. 20 hard hours on my 07 and not a problem.

Nothing really on hull delam or anything from jumping but with RXP's some motormounts have been known to break

By the way, where in New York are you?

Hey, thanks for the replies. thinking of getting rid of the ultra 150 for a rxp-x, for jumping and messing around, just afraid I would destroy the hull...

P.S. we ride in Newburgh on the Hudson..

i only have about 40 hours on my p-x... no probs with delam yet...

Angry

my tunnel cracked up twice. only 16 hours. i had to epoxy it inside now myself it seems to be fine now but the hulls are weak yes. the tunnels for the x models are much larger and they forgot to put extra lam around the tunnel area thats why they are cracking.

Went and looked an 08 RXP-X tonight, the trade in $$ was there, the price on the new ski was there,, But we just couldn't pull the trigger. I know the way we ride, huge air, chop, jumping big rollers on the Hudson River, I would absolutely destroy the hull on this thing, there is no doubt about it. We have a good relationship with the dealer, and I asked him flat out, what are you gonna do for me if I break this hull, he said it would have to go through BRP and see what they will do,, aparently they aren't doing anything for people with tunnel and hull problems.

I don't understand how manufacturers can ignore problems such as the delaminations, tunnel cracks and forget the ceramic washer fiasco. Had they come out this year and said they beefed up the front hull section of the RXP and the tunnel area, Sea-Doo would have my 12K but they aren't gettting it..

An extra layer of glass, some structural foam, a new bulk head, something, they have to know there are problems, but just won't address them..

It would appear the RXP-X would be a great lake ski, fast fun.

RXT XTRA
    My 08 RXTX is at the dealer as we speak for the hull delaminating around the pump shoe and cracking right through to the point I almost sank in the middle of the lake. Less than 20 hrs and absolutely no wave jumping whatsoever. Just 1-2 ft. choppy riding. No abuse at all. I will KILL if they don't cover it and remedy the situation. I can smell a class action lawsuit coming if not!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information