Thread: towing a PWC?

Exclamation towing a PWC?

when towing my pwc do i need to disconect the water inlet hose and block it off so water doesnt get into the engine and water logs it? or does it matter?

and kind of a stupid question but i must aske or i wont know. Can i start my pwc with a normal 12V battery from a car. NOT LIKE JUMP STARTING. acctually remove the batt and place it where the marine one goes as i was told jumping can fry electronics.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bossd View Post
    when towing my pwc do i need to disconnect the water inlet hose and block it off so water doesn't get into the engine and water logs it? or does it matter?

and kind of a stupid question but i must ask or i wont know. Can i start my PWC with a normal 12V battery from a car. NOT LIKE JUMP STARTING. actually remove the batt and place it where the marine one goes as i was told jumping can fry electronics.
    Do a search for towing in the Polaris section - lots of posts and good info.

Yes, you can connect up a regular car battery in place of the PWC battery, but the posts are different, so the regular PWC battery bolts won't fit the automotive battery posts.

The concern with boosting using a second battery is the voltage spikes that can occur when connecting and disconnecting a second battery, and if the car is running, the PWC electrical system doesn't like fighting with the alternator in the car.

If you do connect a different battery type, make sure the connections are solid, and won't work loose.

Don't actually ride it with a big car battery in there, unless you REALLY strap it down. The bigger the battery, the more it will try to tear itself free while you are riding.

+1
    [QUOTE=bossd;792520]when towing my pwc do i need to disconect the water inlet hose and block it off so water doesnt get into the engine and water logs it? or does it matter?

On most pwc it is advisable to block the water inlet when towing

great thanks for the reply

Thread Information