SCRATCHES in paint!!!!

Ugh...I washed down my ski this afternoon after taking it out in the bay. I beach it on some sandbars occasionally, and do my best to get the sand off my feet before I get back on and ride. I guess some sand got stuck in where your feet go and scratched up the inside rail by your foot. Is there anyway to 'touch this up' with paint, or is some type of protective covering made so you can prevent this from happening further?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    Ugh...I washed down my ski this afternoon after taking it out in the bay. I beach it on some sandbars occasionally, and do my best to get the sand off my feet before I get back on and ride. I guess some sand got stuck in where your feet go and scratched up the inside rail by your foot. Is there anyway to 'touch this up' with paint, or is some type of protective covering made so you can prevent this from happening further?

Thanks!
    I would be more worried about what the bottom looks like

a heavier rubbing compound should do the trick.3m make a heavy duty and then just polish it back with finesse finish glaze.That should do just right for ya.

Icerat4 is right, I should of been more helpful sorry. You can get these products at any automotive paint supply store. Start with the rougher compound as he stated and then use progressively finer (the finesse is good).

Thanks! I'll look into that. I agree, the bottom should be free of scratches/chips as well, but if I don't do something early with these scratches on either side of where your feet go, it will surely look terrible after a few more months.

I'll try that compound. Any name? 3m heavy duty? Also, I know hydroturf can be applied to the bottom of the floor, can this be stuck to the sides as well? Or would this look dumb?

Did I mention the scratches from the sand are in the blue paint, it's not white that can be buffed, will this buffing compound work on painted or just white?

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    Did I mention the scratches from the sand are in the blue paint, it's not white that can be buffed, will this buffing compound work on painted or just white?
    It will work on any color.

Thread Information