95 Xp720 Exhaust Manifold Issues

every time i ride it the 4 bolts connecting the pipe to the manifold loosen up. i have tried everything. has anyone had this problem with theirs..i had to drill the bolt heads and put safety wire through 3 of them, the other one is a stud and cant be wired.
    but even now they arent as tight as they were.

Check the two rubber supports where the tailpipe mounts to the manifold. I had the same issue. As these grommets die the pipe will vibrate and cause the issue you describe. After replacement I never had the issue again.

that was my next step, the bushings are a little worn ..thanks man..

also check your engine mounts

Get a new gasket and rubber bushings. Clean the gasket surfaces and bolts n Bolt holes as well as you can. Then install the pipe with new gasket and bushings use blue locktite on all the flange boltsand pipe mount bolts. Start all the bolts first then tighten the flange bolts first followed by the mount bolts. It should stay on now

i just put 4 new motor mounts in, fixed exhaust bushings , and it lasted about 4 hours. so i removed the 3 bolts and installed studs and i think its going to last for a little while now. the studs go a bit deeper in the manifold. over the winter i am just gonna replace manifold.
    i just wanna enjoy the lastbit of good weather....

That must be some serious vibration! You may want to verify engine alignment as well. Another manifold may be the best option, threads must be near shot to only hold the bolt for 4 hours. Of course you could always jb weld the studs in, that will keep it tight.......

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1000 View Post
    i just put 4 new motor mounts in, fixed exhaust bushings , and it lasted about 4 hours. so i removed the 3 bolts and installed studs and i think its going to last for a little while now. the studs go a bit deeper in the manifold. over the winter i am just gonna replace manifold.
    i just wanna enjoy the lastbit of good weather....
    Does that mean you replaced them? I have seen the one stud upgraded to a bigger size but never the need for complete replacement.

instead of using 3 bolts and 1 stud , i now have 4 studs installed. and yea i am gonna be looking for a new manifold in a while cause the threads are getting sloopy from so much use. i used some JB Weld on the studs instead of loctite..lol whatever works ..

Thread Information