Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ultimate 250x modification to do list

Ok....I just finished the summer with my new 07 250x. I bought it new in crate in May for $9200 (not too bad of a price). With a half tank of fuel, no chop, 78 degrees and 85% humidity, 36 hours (has not had its’ 25 hour tune up), on GPS was able to pull 67.8mph at 7880. Average from what I have read.

I am located at the Lake of The Ozarks and really had no major competition, at my end of the lake. I tied top end with the one SHO and RXT-R that came into my area and all the RXP’s were easy game and of the 5 SeaDoo’s at my marina all 5 were in the shop numerous times for repairs and they were all 07/08 models.

I now have around $7K to modify my ski and since all of you have been doing this longer than I have, I will put out my thoughts and wants and see how you reply and/or tear me up. BTW I’m 53yo and still cannot get enough speed as I was racing AMA/WERA up to 10 years ago on a Kawi ZX750RR.

My “desired goal” is a +300hp engine and with all of the pump/hull/engine mods, I would love to approach 80mph (but don’t we all). Oh, yes I do plan to run NOS so for about 6-8 seconds I would have 400 ponies (yeah I know crazy or stupid).

Here we go!

Winter 08/09 initial mods:
    Hull/pump: (desired speed increase 5mph)
    Impeller-Solas Concord 16/21 vs Skat-Trak 14/20
    Ride plate- Riva racing vs R&D performance with 1 deg wedge vs TBM tunable with override
    Grate-TBM tunable super vs R&D SXR 800 vs Worx WR219
    R&D pump plug kit
    TBM super pump cone
    Sponsons-R&D G-force vs Riva vs TBM

Which of the above in combination will give the 5 or more mph gain? Which could put me at 72.8mph.

Spring/Summer 09 mods
    Engine: (desired speed increase 7-8 and +300hp) Engine options are wide open to include boring one to two size over and install Wiseco pistons, port matching, porting and polishing, the R&D Stage one kit with 1.1:1 wheel (yes I will be using C12 fuel), R&D bypass kit, R&D hi-perf air intake, R&D deep fuel pick up, R&D vent/oil sep kit, R&D temp sensor, R&D waste gate block-off, R&D intercooler upgrade, and probably the rrated exhaust mod (not the straight pipe, need to remain somewhat noise friendly).

Am I dreaming or will all of the above mods get me close to the elusive 80mph?

Last mod will be the addition of a NOS system, limited to a max of 100hp.

Will the addition of NOS help me to get to 80 or higher?

Also names of shops that can do the major engine mods such as boring, porting, etc.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post
    Ok....I just finished the summer with my new 07 250x. I bought it new in crate in May for $9200 (not too bad of a price). With a half tank of fuel, no chop, 78 degrees and 85% humidity, 36 hours (has not had its’ 25 hour tune up), on GPS was able to pull 67.8mph at 7880. Average from what I have read.

I am located at the Lake of The Ozarks and really had no major competition, at my end of the lake. I tied top end with the one SHO and RXT-R that came into my area and all the RXP’s were easy game and of the 5 SeaDoo’s at my marina all 5 were in the shop numerous times for repairs and they were all 07/08 models.

I now have around $7K to modify my ski and since all of you have been doing this longer than I have, I will put out my thoughts and wants and see how you reply and/or tear me up. BTW I’m 53yo and still cannot get enough speed as I was racing AMA/WERA up to 10 years ago on a Kawi ZX750RR.

My “desired goal” is a +300hp engine and with all of the pump/hull/engine mods, I would love to approach 80mph (but don’t we all). Oh, yes I do plan to run NOS so for about 6-8 seconds I would have 400 ponies (yeah I know crazy or stupid).

Here we go!

Ride plate- Riva racing vs R&D performance with 1 deg wedge vs TBM tunable with override
    R&D pump plug kit
    TBM super pump cone

Which of the above in combination will give the 5 or more mph gain? Which could put me at 72.8mph.

Spring/Summer 09 mods
    Engine: (desired speed increase 7-8 and +300hp) Engine options are wide open to include boring one to two size over and install Wiseco pistons, port matching, porting and polishing, the R&D Stage one kit with 1.1:1 wheel (yes I will be using C12 fuel), R&D bypass kit, R&D hi-perf air intake, R&D deep fuel pick up, R&D vent/oil sep kit, R&D temp sensor, R&D waste gate block-off, R&D intercooler upgrade, and probably the rrated exhaust mod (not the straight pipe, need to remain somewhat noise friendly).

Also names of shops that can do the major engine mods such as boring, porting, etc.
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 04-18-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Just delete everything you have in mind.
    The only way to get ultra in the 78 zone is Jetworx turbo kit.
    Available this month.Call these crazy aussies and ask Todd.
    Around $6000 Aus.

+1
    75 with what you want, one word for 80 +

Turbo..........

+1
    Parts are in the works

+1
    i hope there is a ecu tucked in there for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    Parts are in the works

Spill the beans Rudy...

+1
    Call Rudy @ R-Rated.. You have enough money in your budget to accomplish what you are looking for..

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post

Here we go!

R&D pump plug kit
    TBM super pump cone

Spring/Summer 09 mods

Your best to start with getting her on a diet. Go lightweight hull first. Once you do this then the mods actually produce real speed numbers.

Ditch the wiseco option and go JE. Forget out overboring the jugs as you will have overheating issues as the jug walls are thin as it is. 80 MPH is possible on the stock charger but barely and with Carbon hulls.

Hold back a bit and wait for the Turbo kits comming from R&D and the Aussies. Also on the brink of release is a new ECU with altronics like programming and non locked info on tunning it for the Ultra, SHO and RXP. Stock harnesses are now being made to snap into the ECU and the stock sensors.

So ask this agian in spring and see what your answer is then.

So about how much $ are these kits gonna run? In US dollars.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information