+1

1995slt pump seals

Hello, new to the forum. Can anybody answer two questions for me? I have a 1995 slt (kids love it) We destoryed the bearings, stator housing and pump shaft. I got a used one and I am putting new bearings and seals in it. Wich way do the two seals on the prop side face when I put them back in and do I put any grease or oil inside of it? The bearings are sealed on both sides. Oh one more thing the motor was replaced two years ago and runs like a top. Some of the posts talk about the triple pump so you do not burn a whole in #1 piston, Should I do this, how can I tell if its already been done. Any help would be greatly app. Thanks

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum.Download the factory service manual from here.
    http://www.mattmans.com/polaris/upload/
    Yes,both seals face the same direction.
    The triple outlet pump is a pound of prevention.Yes,I would upgrade. How was the ski running before the stator went out.If you burn the piston,you should know it,the engine will run like a dog. But you can check by running a compression check.

+1

95slt Pump Seal

Thanks for the down load. The ski runs great, plenty of power. I flushed it with just the drive shaft in place after the pump shot parts out. and engine fired up and ran fine. I still would like to do the upgrade. I am a class 8 diesel truck tech. so it souldnt be a problem. Are the paets expensive? Thanks so much for help. Love the forum and I dont know if thats your girl friend, wife or a picture but she looks nice!

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    If your fuel pump has been upgraded it will have 5 lines attached to it. If not, you will find 3 lines attached.
    If ya need a 3 outlet pump contact john zigler (member here w/ same nick). I believe he sells them new for $35.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Stator pump rebuild kits are around $50.

Contact John like mentioned before for the fuel pump upgrade.

+1

95slt Pump Seal

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! I try to make ends meet money wise but it has been tough lately. My family and I get to go to the beach for one week every summer thanks to the lady my wife works for. She has a nice place on the sound in N.C. This year we blowed the pump on the slt and then my 1994 seadoo spx ( mods, racing grate, 657 rotex bored .20 over, tune pipe ) cracked the fuel tank and thru fuel every were inside the hull. I did not know about the recall, but as luck would have it the local seadoo dealer replaced the tank for free. I would love to have some newer skis someday but man that little spx of mine kicks ass and will throw you for a loop if you not careful. I am 48yrs old and I get a thrill every time I ride it! I love my wife to death but face it, when you get older you half to find alt. to keep you young, jet sking is it for me!!!!!!

Thread Information