Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gpr 1200 or 1300 gpr

i am a newbie to this site but have found it a great resource for info. also read that no question is stupid so here it goes. ive been around watercraft since the early 80's raced and wrenched during the 90's. married in 2000 and you guys know life goes on kid, house, work the rest where has time gone?anyways looking for a toy to play with and are looking at the 1200 and 1300 gpr as a platform. also admit to knowing nothing about e.f.i. but very interested in learning. i know there are alot of links to hop ups of these boats but being new i thought i could use a little help with some direction from other members(thanks in advance!) what im looking for is to have a single pipe boat speed 75 to 80 mph, and looking forward to maybe some endurance racing out on the west coast.pros, cons, would like to keep the stock carbs or e.f.i. for good fuel mileage, the big carbs gulp it quick! and maybe a priority list of which mods bang for you buck to do first on up to the big bore kits talked about alot on these boards.i wish we had something like this back in the early 90's could of saved alot on making piston ash trays if you know what i mean and i dont even smoke!anyways hope to make alot of friends and like alot of other people on here share the experience. also one more thing what is the best gps to buy to do your baseline testing.again thanks in advance! definitely knowledge is the key!

+1
    Welcome Blaster! You looking to buy new? The new EFI ski's are great.No carbs to mess with etc....There are ski's with the correct bolt ons,EFI,running in the 75mph range and ported 1300's hitting 80mph.Just depends on how deep you want to go.

The sites search feature will answer most of your questions.

+1
    hi and welcome to GH

have no idea how far from you this is, but its from a top guy on this froum who builds the best and to a high spec and stands behind his stuff

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67834

W.W. thanks for response!

just curious but approx cost to get to 75mph and ported 80mph and how many hours between tear down or inspections to make these motors live?

+1
    Yes,Osidebill has this ski for sale.77mph ski,ready to ride.He is in California also.This ski has everything done to it already.Bill is a great guy and you will be getting a very well build ski.This is a great deal for the amount of time and parts that have gone into the build.Definatly the way to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Yes,Osidebill has this ski for sale.77mph ski,ready to ride.He is in California also.This ski has everything done to it already.Bill is a great guy and you will be getting a very well build ski.This is a great deal for the amount of time and parts that have gone into the build.Definatly the way to go.
    both in california too

if its in yoiur budget and you want one done,pm bill and get a conversation going, one hell of a nice guy..

also his carbs are mega..i fly a set over here for myself and will do again

+1
    Welcome Blaster !

I guess you came over from PWC Yesterday ?

You are at the go-fast-hotel now , so use that search feature and read up on things like tunnel reinforcement, Jetworks mod, VFIIIs, porting, EFI speeds and mods, ride plates, ect

That should keep you busy for a few weeks !

+1
    Take it from someone with a modded 1200 and 1300. GET THE 1300! A lot more bang for the buck. Depending on what model ski, 77+ with no porting can be done for around $2K.

The 1300 is the way to go, the 1200's just don't have big enough balls to pull those speeds reliably all day long in my experience. Osidebills ski is a steal, that's what I would go for.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Osidebills ski is a steal, that's what I would go for.
    Absolutely. Turn key bad boy built by someone who knows what they are doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information