Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PWC Wake Tower

PWC Wake Tower

Has anyone installed a wake tower on a PWC before? I am working on a project here in Tarpon Springs, FL--we're trying to determine the likelihood of success in building a full on waketower for a 3 seater PWC, specifically a 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x. Our guess is that given its considerable heft (half ton) a 200# wakeboarder will be able to edge hard in the flats without pulling the jetski off of its axis too much. I am hoping to find someone with an older model 3 seat waverunner, sea-doo, or jetski who is willing to guinea pig this project. If we test it and it works, you get to keep the tower for free. If we test it and it sucks, we'll patch the attachment holes and whatever else is necessary to reasonably restore the aesthetics and original practicality. Also check out the video
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	3139 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	92676  

Cool idea...good luck.

Im sure you have experienced it but with my 900 poundish RXT and me at 200 I can pull the ski WAY off axis. I can even pull a 08 Challenger 180 off axis, Looks awsome tho I would definatly be interested if it works out. Have a tower and Ballast system could be very nice.
    david

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I have to say, very interesting idea. Don't know how big the market is but it does look very cool. You should try to get a pro wakeboard event to use it.

Big safety issue with head impacts and a heavy person cutting out to the side will pull it over on its side.

really mean no offense but that looks retarded and i agree if you come off that ski your gunna have a major head wound sorry just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    really mean no offense but that looks retarded and i agree if you come off that ski your gunna have a major head wound sorry just my opinion
    Truth is, wakeboarder gonna yank that ski all over the place, driver be lucky to have a head if things go amiss...
    Still, great idea, concept....keep thinking.

A ballast system is the next goal, but for now we just need to test hull performance as we are unsure of the CG limits and moment of inertia. What we do expect is that the transfer of weight and long leverage point created by the tow ball height could cause some porpoising--depending on speed. My hope is that the driver will be able to offset the yaw created by the person in tow by counter-steering and leaning (shouldn't need too much).

Thank you all for your opinions, they are much appreciated. I would like to point out that we don't intend to use this tower setup for extreme riding, or anything close to it. The tower itself will be completely removable and is only designed for towing wakeboarders or skiers. The main goal of this concept is to provide a platform for those of us who eat sleep and breath watersports, yet are missing the luxury of giant 10,000 acre lakes. A waketower on a PWC will be the ticket to a quick, shallow draft, cheap and easy pull. Oh and I would recommend a helmet, because, why not?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by towering 250x View Post
    Thank you all for your opinions, they are much appreciated. I would like to point out that we don't intend to use this tower setup for extreme riding, or anything close to it. The tower itself will be completely removable and is only designed for towing wakeboarders or skiers. The main goal of this concept is to provide a platform for those of us who eat sleep and breath watersports, yet are missing the luxury of giant 10,000 acre lakes. A waketower on a PWC will be the ticket to a quick, shallow draft, cheap and easy pull. Oh and I would recommend a helmet, because, why not?
    ooo helmet. I have an idea, call it a Head-ake Rack or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information