Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SpeedFreak
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fond du lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    220

    pump lubrication

    I have read that the 50/50 mix of amsoil gear lube and lithium grease is what everyone uses. Can u just use plain lithium grease and amsoil gear lube?


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    I just use gear lube, and change it periodically

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I just use gear lube, and change it periodically
    Hey Rich, how many hours are normal use before change? I`m nearing 39-40, can this be maintenance over the off season? which is soon!... Thanks...

  4. #4
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Hey Rich, how many hours are normal use before change? I`m nearing 39-40, can this be maintenance over the off season? which is soon!... Thanks...
    Andy, that epinoc lube (sp ?) in the stock pump should be good for 100hrs (I think). It is a heavy grease that wont just drain out of the pump.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Andy, that epinoc lube (sp ?) in the stock pump should be good for 100hrs (I think). It is a heavy grease that wont just drain out of the pump.
    excellent!, Thanks!

    how often should I check for water intrusion?
    with the doos, I`d replace the wear ring as needed and at that time check the grease, or oil with the triple bearing pump...
    Man I have to read up on the manual on the next rainy day!

  6. #6
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    excellent!, Thanks!

    how often should I check for water intrusion?
    with the doos, I`d replace the wear ring as needed and at that time check the grease, or oil with the triple bearing pump...
    Man I have to read up on the manual on the next rainy day!
    same gig with the Yamaha

  7. #7
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    I use 50/50 amsoil synthetic marine gear lube and Amsoil synthetic marine grease. never heard of anyone using lithium grease.

  8. #8
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I use 50/50 amsoil synthetic marine gear lube and Amsoil synthetic marine grease. never heard of anyone using lithium grease.

    I run this too after reading a good post from Hydrotoys..

    Andy, that's what we're going to do with all that extra Amsoil gear lube you have in the garage.. We'll mix up a BIG batch..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jet Pump Lubricant for GP1200R
    By 2002GP1200R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
  2. R X P jet pump mixture lubrication?
    By sea-one in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
  3. R X P jet pump mixture lubrication?
    By sea-one in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
  4. "lubricate the splines on jet pump"
    By jerseyshore in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM
  5. lubricate the bearings in the pump..which lubricate?
    By ExciterGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •