Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar

Cutting the hull...I'm such a chicken SH$T

So I bought this kick A$$ Jensen stereo system for my ski. Mounts remote down in the front hold, with a long commander cable that goes up to a Command module on the glove lid. Controls the ipod and everything from there....

and I picked up some REALLY nice 6" Sony waterproof black speakers. Yes, 6" is a LITTLE bigger than you would expect to see...but there is ample space on the sides in front of your legs....

But I just can't MAKE THE FIRST CUT. I get EVERYTHING ready to go...and I just can't do it, man. I can't cut through the ski....

I gotta make a move tomorrow and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    So I bought this kick A$$ Jensen stereo system for my ski. Mounts remote down in the front hold, with a long commander cable that goes up to a Command module on the glove lid. Controls the ipod and everything from there....

and I picked up some REALLY nice 6" Sony waterproof black speakers. Yes, 6" is a LITTLE bigger than you would expect to see...but there is ample space on the sides in front of your legs....

But I just can't MAKE THE FIRST CUT. I get EVERYTHING ready to go...and I just can't do it, man. I can't cut through the ski....

I gotta make a move tomorrow and get it done.
    DON"T DO IT! There is another way. Here's the Pros and Cons. There is "NO" such thing as "Waterproof" especially used in Salt environment. Steel rust, Aluminum oxidize and disintegrate in due time, Yes...even Stainless steel Rust ....unless they make "Everything out of Plastic? " and still down the road...."Plastic" will get brittle and break down. Here's a pic of how you can minimized damage of a 6 inch + hole down to a small 1/4 hole let's see if you can spot the speakers. This 2004 RXP is equipped with 2 (200 amp), A 10 disc CD changer, AM/FM, cassette radio player with weather channel . It has 4 speakers. enjoy the pics and "YES" it is a Jensen with a Remote similar to your description. picture #3 look at the remote Ductape to the top of cover under the steering columm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 105.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	92790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 160.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	92791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 087.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	1,023.2 KB 
ID:	92792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 295.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	92793  
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 09-06-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Dude! That is a NICE JOB! Until I seen the pics from behind I wouldn't have noticed the speakers.

+1
    Dont do it..Youll regret it in the furure when you either tip it over or try to sell her.....

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Dont do it..Youll regret it in the furure when you either tip it over or try to sell her.....

LOL. I was REALLY expecting all the messages to be "dude, you $us#@, cut the hole"..."what are you waiting for...."....."man, grow some balls..."

Ok, so maybe I won't cut the hole today. I just didn't want something that was added to the outside of the ski as something I could hit, bang, trip on, or accidentally rip off with a ski rope or a nice tumble.

+1
    I dont know how much "Boom" or sound your looking for but if your just looking for something to listen to while your riding get a couple of tweeters and put them where the mirrors go..They should be loud enough for you to hear while riding..Unless you want to entertain while on the beach then you might want to go bigger somewhere else...

+1
    Dude, you $us#@, cut the holes"..." what are you waiting for..."....man, grow some balls! Pussy That was fun Been where your at. It is tough to bring yourself to cut those holes. A pair of 4"s and a pair of 5-1/4"s. The speakers are submersible and I have them sealed at their edges with weather stripping so no water can get in the hull from around their edges. It sounds great and I get a ton of attention, and compliments at the beach. I have zero regrets Just do it!

OBJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008022.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	829.9 KB 
ID:	92823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008013.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	843.0 KB 
ID:	92824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008023.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	823.7 KB 
ID:	92825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008025.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	823.2 KB 
ID:	92826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008024.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	844.4 KB 
ID:	92827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008015.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	864.0 KB 
ID:	92831  

That's a good idea too. If you're thinking of putting tweeters in place of the mirrors but also want some good bass, if there's enough room in the hull you could put in an Infinity Bass Link. It has everything in one little box. The sub is well protected and carries it's own amp all in one. I doubt it's waterproof but it will def. make a big boom when the bass kicks I have one behind the seat of my truck and it really rumbles it up nicely in there.

+1
    If you want to listen while your riding, get some water proof earbuds. Sound quality sucks while underway no matter what you ride or how big your stereo is, even in a boat. Others will probably chime in here and disagree, but between engine/exhaust and wind, the quality of the music is just sucked out of the boat. My 2 cents, and I'm sure that's all It's worth.
    OBJ

+1
    JAMMER IS THAT A REDNECK GPS ON THE HOOD? YOUR FRIEND TODD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information