Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rotax ECU

Rotax ECU

I just purchased a Rotax ECU for my RXP-X. I was told by the vendor who sold it to me that I wouldn't need to change injectors. I am wanting to put it on and ride today, but don't want to lean the ski out. Is it possible to run this ecu with my stock fuel setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I just purchased a Rotax ECU for my RXP-X. I was told by the vendor who sold it to me that I wouldn't need to change injectors. I am wanting to put it on and ride today, but don't want to lean the ski out. Is it possible to run this ecu with my stock fuel setup?

the Rotax 8800 RPM ecu WILL NOT run or even start without 60# injectors! PERIOD! as well i would get a fuel pressure regulator as i had to add a lot of fuel with my Rude fuel controller to get my A/F set properly! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    the Rotax 8800 RPM ecu WILL NOT run or even start without 60# injectors! PERIOD! as well i would get a fuel pressure regulator as i had to add a lot of fuel with my Rude fuel controller to get my A/F set properly! good luck!
    +1

Agghhh!!!! I paid Overnight/Saturday delivery for a part I can't use. I looked and I only have 55# and 84# injectors. If I dig up some 60#'s will I be safe to ride without anything else?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    good vendor!

That ECU is mapped for 60 lb hr injectors and you also must run lightweight valves along with valvetrain upgrade to handle the 8800 RPM rev limit. Hope he at least told you that.

I have the valvesprings/retainers. I didn't pull the heads and do the valves, yet. If I get 60#'s will I be safe to run the ski? I can easily keep the rpm's below 8400

+1
    Yes, you can run the ski with 60 lb injectors.

Question about high RPM ECU's

Am I right or wrong on this. I always thought that the danger in running the high RPM ECU was not under load, but when it unhooks, and revs to the ceiling?? I would see 8450 on my oem X-ski ecu when it unhooked, and I see over 9k on my 8600 Rotax ecu when it unhooks. Obviously I try and avoid this, but sometime it happens, but this is when u have to worry abotu valve float is it not? Or is it OK to run a high rpm ECU if you only maxing out at 83-8400 RPM's with stock valvetrain???

Thanks to everyone for the help. I found some 60# injectors and plan on testing the ski tomorrow. I am hoping the new ecu will also allow my speedo to read higher than 70mph.

your speedo wont read nothing.... its the down fall... the speedo is gonna be reading false speed... usually 0 but sometimes youll see 3, 34, different speeds.. all wrong. who ever sold you this ecu shouldve told you all this stuff....
    its a great ecu, i have it on my ski...
    but, it has some negatives...
    be sure to do the valve work asap!!!
    good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information