Thread: Bad to Worse!!!

Bad to Worse!!!

Bought a garage Queen 97 GTX

Was dumping oil into rear cylinder to went to premix.

Putting carbs baclk on resulted in stripped rotary cover.

Helicoils were a chore and ruined 7 before success on all four holes.

Putting the rotary cover on AGAIN I dropped a bolt and heard it fall to the bottom.

Problem is I can't feel it under the motor. The damn thing may have dropped into the carb port. Sounds like I need to pull the motor now. Doesn't look too hard. Any issues to watch for?(Drive alignment, Motor weight, Typical problem bolts)

Not having fun yet with my first jet ski.

+1
    Don't know who if anyone here told you to go to premix to stop the oil dumping, thats probably not correct. Sounds to me more like the main rotarty valve seal is bad, dried out from sitting too long etc, that can easily dump oil into the cylinders, and you have to pull the engine anyway to service that. I would advise you to download the service/shop manual from this site.

TLR

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You can fish the bolt out of case wth a paper towel. No need to pull the engine if it's in there.

+1

Bad To Worse

Hey Tlr, I Have A 1994 Spx 657 Thats Bored .20 Over Racing Grate And Tune Pipe. I Bought It Two Years Ago Already Built Like This. Question Is If The Ski Sits For A Period Of Time Or If I Do Not Clamp Off The Oil Lines In ..the Winter Months The Case Fills With Oil And Or It Smokes Like A Freight Train Until I Run It In The Water. Sometimes To Get It Running In The Spring I Have To Take The Plugs Out And Turn It Over To Get All The Oil Out Of The Cyl. The Thing Runs Like A Scaledd Dog, 60+ Just Wondering If The Problem Is The Main Rotory Valve Seal Like You Suggested To Kocomo Any Help Would Be App. Thanks

dumped the ski on the lawn

Tipped it 90+ degrees and the bolt came out of hiding from where ever.

Ski is back together as far as the carbs go and now have gottem it to start.

TLR was right. Blowing smoke like crazy and dumping oil to the exhaust port and out on the ground now. Only the 2 main lins connected to the motor now.

Back to the manual. Any words of wisdow will be appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDJETSKIMAN View Post
    Hey Tlr, I Have A 1994 Spx 657 Thats Bored .20 Over Racing Grate And Tune Pipe. I Bought It Two Years Ago Already Built Like This. Question Is If The Ski Sits For A Period Of Time Or If I Do Not Clamp Off The Oil Lines In ..the Winter Months The Case Fills With Oil And Or It Smokes Like A Freight Train Until I Run It In The Water. Sometimes To Get It Running In The Spring I Have To Take The Plugs Out And Turn It Over To Get All The Oil Out Of The Cyl. The Thing Runs Like A Scaledd Dog, 60+ Just Wondering If The Problem Is The Main Rotory Valve Seal Like You Suggested To Kocomo Any Help Would Be App. Thanks
    Your center crank seals are probally shot,need to replace the crank.

PS Loose all the caps,its hard to read that way.

Thread Information