Ft Myers FL

RXDI first ride...problem please help!!

I took my newly aquired 37 hour ski out for the first time, after warming it up spent 20 minutes trying it out for handling,top speed. I then turned it off to wait for my buddy on his Yamaha went to start it again and it bogged down then stopped with the red light flashing and the word MAINT on the screen. Tried a few more times to no avail & then got towed back by my buddy to my lift. Once on the lift I connected the water hose and it fired up straight away and ran perfect.
    ANY IDEA's as now Im scared to go out on it on my own just incase it happens again stranding me.

+1
    You need to take it to a dealer & have the BUDS system run on it & it will tell you if any "faults" were stored & what it is.

Maint might just be a scheduled maint and the light might have been 12volt low or low oil or low fuel. Why not take it and try to run it again and stay close for a while then shut it down wait and start it to see if their is a real problem or if it just had a little bobble. Lots easyer than putting it on the trailer and takeing it to the dealer to find out the same.. Just verify the problem. Then you can better inform the Tech or find no problem at all

+1
    I had the same thing happen on my '02 RX-DI. Scared the doo-doo outa me. I could idle around for a while & it would run fine when throttled up. Turned out to be a marginal battery. Battery was old and wouldn't hold a full charge, but it would come up to 12.02 volts. Put a new battery in & it's been fine ever since (this happened last year).

Ft Myers FL
    Thanks for your ideas guys, the ski has a new battery, it has full oil & gas.........mmmmm. I am going to take it out again, close to shore, hopefully after Hurricane Ike passes and will try to enroll the services of my Yamaha riding buddy as tow ski if it happens again.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Don't assume just because a battery is new that it is not defective. Take it out and get it load checked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Don't assume just because a battery is new that it is not defective. Take it out and get it load checked.
    +1

Thread Information