Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IPHONE

IPHONE

So i'm looking into going ATT with an Iphone.

But i don't feel like paying the ridiculous price for the service. What a couple of people have told me is to get one of there lower grade phones then later on just buy a unlocked Iphone and i could just throw my sim card in it and have the data plan for free. Then im hearing that the iphone has a special sim card and you cant do that. so my questions are

Where can i find a unlocked iphone?
    Is the whole simcard swap plan possible? because it seems to good to be true
    When its unlocked that means i get the entire data plan for free?

Any input or help is highly appreciated, thanks guys.

+1
    You can use your own SIM card, but they WANT you to use the iphone's.. Prepare to argue with the sales guys.

Also, you cannot get data for free, it's based off of your phone # and IDMA# on what type of "privileges" you get with your service. It's all server based out of AT&T. You can still get online with no paid data plan, but then you will be charged the OUTRAGEOUS fee per MB of data that you use.

just a thought, but if i were you, i would get the samsung instinct and pair it with the sprint simply everything plan. the phone is $70 less than the least expensive iphone and the plan gives you unlimited everything for $100. just my $.02

Even if you get the iphone and swap sims from another phone that has a cheaper data plan they will auto adjust it after they find out. They usually check every 2-3 months.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    If the new iPhone is anything like the older one, I ain't gettin it. If you get alot of Picture Text's, or ANY for that matter, you can't view them on the Phone, you gotta go on the Computer to see them. BOOOOO!!!!

That's why I've always had CrackBerry's. I can't wait til October for the BlackBerry Bold to come out. Sooooo sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post

That's why I've always had CrackBerry's. I can't wait til October for the BlackBerry Bold to come out. Sooooo sexy.
    Whats this bold gona be like? I was looking at those instead. I like the pearl but its a little to small for me. I love the curve but it doesnt have wifi.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Here's a direct comparison of the iPhone & Bold. Each has their Pros & Cons:

Try and Find the Original Iphone and Get it! I absolutly love mine and would not trade it for anything. I use it for everything I do and it works flawlessly. Email pictures internet, google maps its amazing. I hear the new one has some quality issues such as the back breaking since there made of plastic unlike the older ones with the metal backs. If you have any questions feel free to ask but the phone is totally worth the $20 a month!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    Try and Find the Original Iphone and Get it! I absolutly love mine and would not trade it for anything. I use it for everything I do and it works flawlessly. Email pictures internet, google maps its amazing. I hear the new one has some quality issues such as the back breaking since there made of plastic unlike the older ones with the metal backs. If you have any questions feel free to ask but the phone is totally worth the $20 a month!!
    Can i ask what you iphone owners are paying a month? With the plan i want it would around little over a 100 dollars a month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information