Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who will be buying an 09'?

So after seeing the release this morning, who will be putting a deposit down for a GTX IS or the RXT IS??

LOL

+1
    Not me..I love my 06s....Although My wife does like the new GTXL IS..BUT she said shell stick with her 06 also.........................Good Girl!!!!!

well...if I get all A's (senior year) this year my dad said he will buy me a ski. Tho I love all the new technology on the iS models, I just cant see me playing around on one of those as much as I could on an RXP-X. And if there are left over RXP-X's from this year next year, then it would be silly not to buy a left over. I dunno, My Aunt has been having some issues with her 06 GTX and all that technology and safety stuff (brakes etc.) may just real her in

I"m sticking with my '07 RXT too. If anything I would like to get an RXT-X, but that's it. I like the all the technology that these skis have now like the cruise control and the wake zones and the brake Idea sounds cool. I don't think the IS skis are going to get a lot of buyers from people like us because most of us on here don't want a large cruiser style ski. The GTX buyer is different then the RXP buyer. For people that want comfort, a lot of storage, a bunch of features and don't mind giving up some speed and handling to have all that it's a good ski. The people that want to go fast and work on there own ski are still going to buy the rxp,rxt and the X skis. It is nice that Sea Doo has that diverse of a line up. They have something for everyone. I can think of some people I know that are older and looking for something to just be able to cruse on that still has power and don't mind spending 15k for it. I don' know a lot of theses people , but a couple. For the rest of us. We still have are Ps, Ts, and Xs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Not me..I love my 06s....Although My wife does like the new GTXL IS..BUT she said shell stick with her 06 also.........................Good Girl!!!!!

Yep im in the six club too.09 still not beating us .Huh sno,,

+1
    I'll be buying in '09... I think the IS is out for me... just too big. if I was doing alot of offshore stuff I would consider it though.

I'll either do a PX or an FZ this year... leaning to the Yamaha just because I've never owned a Yammie ski and would like to change things up a bit.

Still not decided though... the PX is just so easy to mod to the mid 70's.

Can't wait to see stock speeds on the FZ's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Can't wait to see stock speeds on the FZ's.
    Here's your answer: 65mph.

"65" is the magic number decided by the US Coast Guard and mandated upon all OEM factory-built craft. Yamaha especially is aware of this and wants to play within the government's rulebook.

Of course, pay attention to what R&D Performance is accomplishing out in Havasu with an '08 SHO (near-74mph) with a stock ECU. All of that stuff bolts right onto the FZR and FZS.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Here's your answer: 65mph.

"65" is the magic number decided by the US Coast Guard and mandated upon all OEM factory-built craft. Yamaha especially is aware of this and wants to play within the government's rulebook.

Of course, pay attention to what R&D Performance is accomplishing out in Havasu with an '08 SHO (near-74mph) with a stock ECU. All of that stuff bolts right onto the FZR and FZS.
    Stock PX's are managing to sneak a couple more mph's past the Coasties though... maybe Yammie will do the same. If not then it becomes an issue of how easy it is to make the mods... ie; the grate (aka anchor) on the X skis.

I have heard that the FZ's will have a mile or 2 per hour on the SHO's out of the box... I guess we'll see.

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    I wanna know how quickly we can modify our skis for the electronics to allow for the automatic reverse, cruise control, and other stuff from some of these newer models.

Great stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information