Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

stage II kit...newbie

well, im gonna buy a stage II kit just dont know if all the parts in there will serve as a need for what i am looking for..looking for top speed and acceleration and i ride in smooth bay waters..very flat..very few chops in the water..just wanted to hear your opinions on what parts i should leave out of it..newbie here..thanks anything is appreciated1

David

What state are you in? What year GPR do you have? You definitely came to the right place to get your answers. Don't buy a thing until you get input from this forum.

You also want to get a Tach and a GPS to get a baseline before you start.

05 1300..bone stock just put handlebars, seat cover and hydro mats..thats it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by titi0314
    05 1300..bone stock just put handlebars, seat cover and hydro mats..thats it..
    You need to call TJ and let him hook you up David. He will do everything that needs to be done, he's probably one of the best tuners in the world. Seriously.

mike, tim told me to start with the stage II kit i just want to know wut parts to leave out..thanks

+1
    right on..we will let the hive mind help you. They will all chime in soon, so get ready to copy and paste.

Are you here in fla?

yes im in miami, fl

+1
    you don't necessarliy have to have the aftermarket heads to go fast. There are plenty of parts to put you in the 70's that are bolt on products. My suggestions would start with these first then move up from there:

R&D D-Plate
    R&D Fuel Controller
    R&D Cat Sensor Bypass (Unless you know the 10k ohm resistor trick)
    R&D Ride Plate
    R&D Intake Grate (Both the 800 and 1200 2-bar grates)
    R&D Trim Tabs (Stock ones are good too)
    R&D Sponsons
    R&D Pump Seal Kit
    R&D Race Air Filter

A Good Tach, and a gps are a must for tuning. Get these installed first, and the sweet spot figured out on the fuel controller - then if you wanted to, you could move on to Porting and Head Milling (Stock or Aftermarket), and also reeds. The Free Flow and Reed Stuffers are not nearly as important as the list above.

Hope this helps - and before you ask, the answer is yes -- Riva also sells all of this but i prefer to support R&D. The D-Plate from R&D is different from Rivas and so are the Trim Tabs, Sponsons, and a few of the Ride Plate Combinations. I would stick with R&D Stuff though - but that is just my preference. You can still go fast with either product and the right tuning.

Don't get frustrated with the Fuel controller, what works on one persons boat may not work the same for yours (the settings). That is the one headache that everyone has to figure out on their own - so there is no secret setting to use. But you will need a tach to maximize this process.

Good Luck to you Titty!!

thanks abbott..i will take this stuff into consideration..i dont know wut to do yet..but tim told me to go with the riva kit and i can get a real good price from jerry...but thanks john...appreciate it

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information