Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old Sea-Doo jet ski

Hi Guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me? I was just wondering if the Doo in Photo are any good and what size engines these things came with? I know nothing about theses Doos, But have a sea-doo boat which I love more than my GF. quote from her! Thought it be cheap fun for the kids next year. What do you guys think? Thanks for any advise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea-doo 89.jpg 
Views:	2343 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	93031  
    Last edited by Dale180se; 09-10-2008 at 01:08 PM.

im wondering as well, there is one of these sitting in our parking lot that has a for sale sign on it? Wondering what would be a good price to offer them for it, it comes on a double trailer as well

david

+1
    Its a 89,IMO they should pay you to take it away.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    IMO, great for young kids learning to ride. slow enough not to get hurt but agile enough to have a little fun. once they learn how to ride that you can upgrade them slowly say to a 95/96 XP or a GSX...thats what I would do anyway. Price wise... +/-$300. like Dan said..they should be paying you to take it away

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    IMO, great for young kids learning to ride. slow enough not to get hurt but agile enough to have a little fun. once they learn how to ride that you can upgrade them slowly say to a 95/96 XP or a GSX...thats what I would do anyway. Price wise... +/-$300. like Dan said..they should be paying you to take it away
    I was wondering if you know the model,engine size HP and if they were reliable? Just want to know if they prone to failure. Thanks for the info!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale180se View Post
    I was wondering if you know the model,engine size HP and if they were reliable? Just want to know if they prone to failure. Thanks for the info!
    SP (actually back then I think the model was just Sea Doo as it was the only one) 581cc 55 hp Two stroke two cylinder(yellow motor) reliable, yep. The 580 is near indestructible when provided with gas and oil in the appropriate amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    SP (actually back then I think the model was just Sea Doo as it was the only one) 581cc 55 hp Two stroke two cylinder(yellow motor) reliable, yep. The 580 is near indestructible when provided with gas and oil in the appropriate amounts.
    Thanks for the help. I going to take a closer look at the Doo. Airbourns price quote is about what im going to pay +- $300 Thanks again.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    remember this ski is 20 years old. it may need a work. so dont be surprised if it does. if it does, can you do your own work? Not sure if a dealer would touch one of these anymore. But i know you can find A LOT of parts for the 580 here in the classifieds. Make sure you do a compression test. buy a gauge at auto zone. that will be your biggest concern! Post your findings here when you get it. If each hole is off more that 10 PSI. offer a lot less cause your going to need a new top end

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    remember this ski is 20 years old. it may need a work. so dont be surprised if it does. if it does, can you do your own work? Not sure if a dealer would touch one of these anymore. But i know you can find A LOT of parts for the 580 here in the classifieds. Make sure you do a compression test. buy a gauge at auto zone. that will be your biggest concern! Post your findings here when you get it. If each hole is off more that 10 PSI. offer a lot less cause your going to need a new top end
    Well I bought it off E-Bay for $481.00. Guy said it just needed a battery! Maybe a started?? He said winterized and it ran last time stored 6yrs ago. Im handy with the tools. Looks clean from photos. I will cross my fingers! Thanks for the help.

oh no you didn't!?

You fell for the old line... it just needs a battery!?!?!?!?!

Very rarely will you find an old nonrunning jetski or even a newer one, that just needs a battery!

The 94 GTS I bought that "just needs a battery"... ended up needing a new top end, rebuilt jetpump, new wear ring and impeller, rebuilt carb, new fuel lines, new seat cover, new battery and a ton of other stuff.

No old nonrunning PWC ever just needs a battery.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information