+1

What he should have said....

So my son and I took the SLX and SL out for a spin today. As we were leaving Long Point State Park's marina here in NY, a guy on a Kawi STX15F (unsure if that's really a name, that's what I thought I saw on the side of the ski many beers ago) pulls up next to my son, and offers to let him ride the Kawi. "It goes 63mph!" he says. My son politely declines.

My son retells me this story, to which I ask, "So, did you tell him your SLX goes 64mph on GPS?"

Darn kids, with no snappy comebacks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3962.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	435.5 KB 
ID:	93048  

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    So my son and I took the SLX and SL out for a spin today. As we were leaving Long Point State Park's marina here in NY, a guy on a Kawi STX15F (unsure if that's really a name, that's what I thought I saw on the side of the ski many beers ago) pulls up next to my son, and offers to let him ride the Kawi. "It goes 63mph!" he says. My son politely declines.

My son retells me this story, to which I ask, "So, did you tell him your SLX goes 64mph on GPS?"

Darn kids, with no snappy comebacks!
    The ski's definetly fast. Do you want mine?

HAHAHA!! That's awesome! Guys used to come up to me when I was on my three wheeler in the pine barrens on their Banshees and LT500's offering a ride. They'd say "this quad goes 90mph" or whatever. I'd just decline politely and let them know my 250r was clocked at 107mph by a snowmobile out on the ice.

John

LOL at SEX on the side. When i bought mine it had "sexwax" stickers all over it.

+1
    Yeah, the famous "electrical tape graphics upgrade"! We pulled up to one of those floating parties over Labor Day weekend, a bunch of girls saw that, and started cheering, screaming "Sex, woo-hoo!". Wow was my 15 yr old son embarassed! Jumped right off the ski, and hid on the other side from them!

Ryan, I DO want your ski! Not sure I can afford it, though....

On a sad note, the SL650/750 was not cured by the SeaDon't solenoid. Had to be towed in by the SEX. Guess I'm changing a starter....

However, before the starter died I was seeing 6200rpm on that old ski! I forgot to bring the GPS but that's gotta be close to 50mph! Pretty sure I was running 6080 and 48mph last year.

Might have a 750 for you as well, lol...

Want a 2 pack of broken skis?

+1
    LOL That's great!!
    Conrad and I were at the Renaissance Fair today and the first thing this DD broad tells us is the twins were for "OUR" showing pleasure. I laughed, Conrad blushed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    LOL That's great!!
    Conrad and I were at the Renaissance Fair today and the first thing this DD broad tells us is the twins were for "OUR" showing pleasure. I laughed, Conrad blushed.
    I saw this t-shirt in Key West the other day....sorry to hijack this thread but Ph2 started it...

"Would you please tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes???"

also,

"Raising teenagers is like trying to nail jello to a tree"

+1
    No problem w/ hijack, always like a good laugh!

Swapped the starter in that SL650/750 this morning. Turns out it had a factory defect, whoever overtightened the brush connection snapped it, so it was making intermittent contact. At least that's what the guy who rebuilt it said.

Now there's a bargain, a local shop disassembled it, turned the armature down, replaced brushes, packed the bearings, for $40! I considered doing it myself, but I've found out enough things I'm not very good at, don't need to add "Starter Rebuilder" to the list....

I spent an hour last night searching, and couldn't find the answer to a question I had, so I will post it here: You don't need to pull the exhaust manifold to get the starter out. I unbolted the exhaust pipe, slid it forward an inch or so, and was able to pull the starter out through the space between the pipe and block. Took less than an hour each way.

Michael

Thread Information