Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hydro turf..removal of rub rail

hello everyone, well im trying to install my hydro turf mats already got the oem mats and most of the glue off and ready to sand, however, i dont understand one bit wut to do with the back rub rail and those rivets thing..i have no idea wut a rivet is all i know is there is a black thing holding the rub rail..any info will help? i will be installing tomorrow..i know i post a lot and sorry about it but i just want to be sure of what im doin before i either waste money or mess some shit up..thanks

David

You have to drill out the rivets. I believe you should have recieved new ones with the new mats. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. You are also going to need a rivet gun. I believe you can pick une up fairly cheap from Home Depot ot Lowes.

You can never post too much. We're all here to help each other out.

when you say drill the rivet wut size drill bit appx.? and i drill through the black hole and out the other side..im really stupid when it comes to these things..yea they came with a like a nail with a rivet through it..stainless steel i guess..so where do the new ones go the same holes? and out the back..wow seems like a tough job i guess ill have to try and hope not to mes up..thanks alex..for the info

+1
    use a 3/16 th size bit because thats what size your rivets are if you cross them over from metric I like useing a bigger bit because it does a better job at cutting the rivet head off but then you got to be really carefull so you don't make a bigger hole in your plastic if your bit catches and go's through

a rivet gun will cost $15.00 plus or minus

I don't know how many rivets they sent you? but if you need more just buy regular aluminum 3/16 rivets I am shure that is what they sent you I would take both plastic cornors off and push the center strip out of the middle of your rub rail to get to the rivets after you get the rivets drilled out there will be adhesive tape holding it on yet or someone added it to mine you can pick up 3M double sided mouding tape at about any auto parts store but it is probbally not needed I put some on mine when I put it back on
    if you don't have a manual go to Riva original parts finder and look at a exploded parts veiw to get an idea what you are working with

cool..wut can i pop out the black plastic covers that cover the rivet wth..goin tomorrow to buy the gun and finish it up..thanks gp12..

David

+1
    if you are talking about the center strip it just clips in but it is impossible to pop it out but you can easily push it out one side or the other

the connors are rivet on to but they have covers stuck in them for pretty pry them out of the rivet with a screwdriver

no im talking about where the rivets are the lil black things that cover it..how would i pop them out?

+1
    or if they rebel knock them off with a hammer and a chisel

cool..now i understand..wow..you made my job so much easier thanks dude..appreicate it..

David

+1
    you also may get by with only takeing one corner peice off and slideing the center strip out with your finger if you are lucky and don't have to push it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information