Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stock RXP-X Vs. Non Ported GP1300R

From absolute idle, to approx 15 mph, just up on plane, RXP-X by half ski.
    From that 15mph to approx 50 mph, side by side.. I pulled back the half ski the X got on initial up on plane holeshot.
    From 50 up, its all over.. The GPR top end takes over and wins by 4-5 skis easily, and from there on its a blowout..
    2 races, identical results..
    0-50 times would be very close to identical.
    I just think its cool that a paltry non ported GPR can beat a 255 hp seadoo with much less power, maybe 200, even when playing the holeshot game..
    Mine does have all the bolt ons, just no porting, 1200 grate shimmed down, and runs in the 75 range in summer.
    TOO much fun...

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    From that 15mph to approx 50 mph, side by side.. I pulled back the half ski the X got on initial up on plane holeshot.
    From 50 up, its all over.. The GPR top end takes over and wins by 4-5 skis easily, and from there on its a blowout..
    I just think its cool that a paltry non ported GPR can beat a 255 hp seadoo with much less power, maybe 200, even when playing the holeshot game..
    Mine does have all the bolt ons, just no porting, 1200 grate shimmed down, and runs in the 75 range in summer.
    TOO much fun...
    Nice!!

+1

And then if you do the cost for the X vs the non ported GPR, it gets even better.
    I chased down and gently walked a X on my 1300r on a nice flat river. Oh what a feeling.

+1

~Keep the Two-Strokes Alive~

Nice!...

J/W is this with a jetworks kit or w/out?

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    Nice!...

J/W is this with a jetworks kit or w/out?
    With jetworks kit...

thats awesome sir. glad to hear that you rocked the doo with a non ported 1300. Gives me confidence to run against one around here.

Moderated
    I watched a full stock 2005 GPR beat a RXP-X into submission on the weekend at our first state club gathering for CC and enduro racing. this race was CC not enduro.

the young feela riding the GPR was very fit and all of about 18 or 19 years old but he took a nice lead in the second round and the PX could not real him back in, out of the gate the PX was very quick but it simply did not have what was needed ( a 17yr old rider who knew how to ride) to take the win.

we were all stunned actually and i intend on giving that a kid ( the one who road the gpr) a ride on my open class GPR during the next CC event ...... if he is willing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    TOO much fun...
    That is what i like people

Thanks
    You give me one more reason to build a double trailer.
    So near my GPR will be sitting the FZRRRRRR.

Thanks people

Alway YAMAHA.

TOO much fun... I don't know........well don't get me wrong I like both skis, my 85+ 1300 tripple, and my friends RXP-X Daren (enufpwr) his ski stock was just under 70 (now at 80) and a stock 1300 only went 67 at best, how I know this cause two of my friends here on the board both bought 1300's and well went out together to break em in........... or am I missing something here..............Mark Underwood I want my $2,800.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information