Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

DJSA Race 9 at Pittsburg- Photos / Results / Comments

Well.... she did it again.
    1700 photos are coming of a very special day from our very own course photographer Traci Cottle, and I can't wait to see them!!!
    I was going to list results tonight but I'm seeing double after having worked all day... I will post them in the morning. I PROMISE....

jim

+1
    =d> =d> =d>

What a Day!

Excellent event Jim & Crew! Somebody told me "You have to play through the pain", and it was worth it. If I hadn't done a 'Garcia' and yanked my lanyard, it would have been a really great day.

Anyone find a black PWC bumper, and red/black/blue tie-down? Let me know...they decided to stay behind and party!!!

+1
    This had to have been the HOTTEST regular race as of yet... figuratively AND literally... the media expected over 100,000 people last weekend.. and it definitely felt like it.

From the 1st race to the Freestyle "finale" from Team Ski Clinic, the crowd was pretty pumped. A lot of the crowd haven't seen PWC racing and I was proud to have Jim at the helm, Team Ski Clinic defying gravity, the standup guys representin', the sitdowns wowing the crowd, and the safety and support staff showing the crowd our professionalism...
    Thanks Traci for the awesome pics!!

The food!! man.. Coconut Calamari, Deep Fried Oysters, Teriyaki Salmon/ Chicken.... Alligator on a stick, what's up with that!! Awesome...

This race was dedicated to Zach and Libby. Thanks for looking out for all of us that day... Your Baby Mason will always be part of the DJSA family...

Until next time...

+1
    Wow -
    Where are all the comments? Since you guys are slacking, I'll make my own about such an incredible day... 2 words for ya - "Let's talk".

First of all - for a 12 month old baby named Mason Joe Waddle, we raised $1026.00 in just one day. And that was just in one day! Thank you so much for your love and for doing what you do best - and thats giving the Bay Area another incredible day of fast, safe, incredible pwc racing!
    A lot of people deserve honorable mention so here it comes - fast and furious.

The Sitdown Militia...
    #34 Mean Dean Brown. The Hound Dog riding a Seadoo HP, the most unbalanced machine to be on at a race with a sitting dead engine dock start. Dude, let me tell you... you made every X2 and raised seat owner proud! I know you had your hands full on the starts, but once you got rolling you looked like a true unstoppable champion on a mission!
    This is how cool this guy is... having a few start problems to deal with in heats 1 and 2, I was going to let Dean start 1st and have the rest of the group start after him to even out the balance deficiency. Dean gave me numerous authorative shakes of the helmet saying no way man, I'll start like everyone else... Dean - I'm loving you man. A true racer all the way who will "earn it" and not have it given to him. Having you on the start line Hound Dog? The pleasure was all mine. Thanks for being there.

#66 Alec Chattaway. I saw Chat do something he always does, but
    saturday I saw him do it just a little bit better.... and that was ride his heart out - right up until he decided to take a swim in the middle of race 2... but hey, it was 104 degrees out! Chat, lap after lap I watched you take that east sweeper and come into the switchbacks... You rode that raider like it was on rails! Halfway through race 3 Bonkowski radioed me and said "And thats the guy who doesn't do buoys?"
    You friggin rock - nuff said.

#88 Robert Bird... The Night Rider. The dude never talks alot in the pits but when he's on the course making spray, he does all his talking with his throttle finger. I kind of like the theory - "Don't talk about it, go out and do it"... 6 words for ya - Rob goes out and does it! Great riding Mr. Bird. Congrats on another 1st overall.

#3 Mike Hammond. New to the game, but always with an ear to ear smile under that helmet... Mike, you've only been out a few times, but I wish you could have been on shore to see the difference in your riding from race 1 to the end of the day with race 3. Its all about one word, and thats "confidence". I'm here to tell ya, yours is coming along nicely - keep doing what you're doing and you'll be up front knocking on the door in no time! Thanks for being there with us.

#415 Patrick Mallari. 3 words describe this guy... 100 percent pro. It's not too often that the "Mallari Machine" isn't in the top 3 but today the 415 yamaha decided to be a little uncoopertive on the dead engine starts. Patrick got some bad starts, but again, being a true racer - he never gave up. I know it sucks being in the back, but let me tell you what looked cool from the shore... the blue and white rocket making up ground on every lap and catching up to the pack... On one of the last laps of race 3, Patrick was over taking Hammond on a right hander just past the start finishline. It was hot, the river was bumpy, and some bad starts and extra work would have made some racers tired, frustrated... and maybe careless, but Mallari isn't just some racer. In front of hundreds of spectators he demonstrated what SAFE racing is all about, and he backed off to give Hammond the buoy. I was applauding so hard I almost fell over the shoreline barrier fence. Patrick - you've heard me say this many times before. You don't have to to win to be a winner - and today even with a 6th overall.... you were a winner all the way! Nuff said.

#37 Stan Schrock. The Stockton Schrocket. The man of one famous word... "Whooooooooooooo". I see alot of similarities between the Schrock and Superman Ricky Garcia.... (right down to checking to see if the lanyard works during the middle of a race). Stan got some great starts and in race 2 and 3 he owned 2nd place at the front of the pack, but then he got the notion to see if the engine would really shut off if the lanyard is pulled.... Dude - only do that in practice!!!
    Stan the man - on that big oversized course you rode hard and smooth all day and I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy watching the #37 on the course... I didn't hear alot of "Whoooos" from where I was at with all the bands playing, but I hope they were coming out loud and clear to the spectators... Great job!

#229 Scott Harrington. "Scotty too Hottie" rode the Sprint class today on Sami's ride because the 528 Honda is still in the shop, but you certainly couldn't tell he was riding a less powered ski. Some of you guys I can instantly identify on the course by your style, and Scotty is always one of them. Smooth, fast, and on a mission! You definately represented for Honda today and again... the pleasure was all mine my friend.

#816 Rick Ignacio... Mav - Tricky Ricky - another one of the guys with an ear to ear grin you can clearly see from underneath that helmet. I listed the word "confidence" earlier, and that word definately describes Ricky and what he has developed with that GP 1300 the past few months... ok, maybe a few other words apply as well...like fast - smooth - win... like the win in heat 1. Mav had his work cut out for him in heats 2 and 3 but rode to a well deserved 3rd overall. Mavster... You rock dude. Thanks for adding all you do to DJSA - like that way beyond cool video, the maps so no one would get lost, the brochures and fliers... I got 2 words for ya that come from the heart.... THANK YOU - nuff said

#90 Chris Cottle. CFTO. Young Chris Cottle on that new beautiful Yamaha is definately "Clear For Take Off" and take off he did with a 6th, 2nd, and a wire to wire 1st for Second Overall after a hard days work. I was standing next to very proud Mom with a camera in her hand during that 3rd race, and I'm not sure what was more entertaining.... watching Chris, or listening to Traci "talking to Chris" during those fast 4 laps. CFTO... The holeshot? Awsome. Your concentration? Obvious. The wire to wire win? Well deserved. And the shot of you coming back to the pits standing on the seat.... priceless! You rode great kid and I'm very proud of you. nuff said

#8 Rick Garcia. "Superman". One word says it all. Superman.
    His ability - Super.
    The excitement he brings to the course - Super.
    His family - Super.
    His holeshots - Super.
    His lanyard pulls - Super.
    His come from behind victories - Super.
    His unique styles (all 537 of them) - Super.
    His frantic looks to see where the course photographer is at - Super.
    but that one in a million Ricky Garcia smile? Priceless... and the superman shirt under the wetsuit was a nice touch!
    A 2nd, 1st, and 2nd for First overall during the day. Great job superman..... nuff said

#86 Cheryl Biggs. The Rocket is back. After being off all last year with an injury, Cheryl showed how she got the name Rocket in season 1. In fact, this day almost reflected her racing career... A slow start in race 1, a DNF in race 2 because of an oil problem, but in race 3 (that she almost didn't make it to the line for...) a smoking start, and a very determined girl who rode with the decipline, determination, and speed that locked her into a solid 2nd behind Saale. Cheryl has many different looks - but the one I like best - is the one I saw in race 3 where she was "on her game" and riding like a true racer. 4 words - The Rocket is back... nuff said.

#43 Derek Carlson. The Surgeon. The dude rode so many skis today I couldn't keep up with him, but in his first ride in the big leagues, on the #43 RXP ski owned by ML, I came up with 5 words. "This dude's fast on anything!" Derek's smaller #11 Seadoo is still in the shop, and ML graciously gave the surgeon the keys to the 43 ski for the day, and he made it do something its very used to doing.... going really fast...
    Things were going smooth up until...uh...well.... I think I saw the 43 and the 95... nope, i didn't see that, but anyways - a 4th, 3rd, and 4th gave the surgeon a 4th overall. Dude, I gotta say - I dig seeing you in this class! Thanks for carving up the course in true surgeon fashion!

#95 Dave Cottle Jr. The Thriller. There was definately no shortage of thrills today and after a couple of smoking solid 2nds... I think I saw the 43 and the 95...nope...I didn't see that but ANYWAYS........ a little set back, set the thriller back with a 5th in race 3 but Dave Jr still pulled out a 3rd overall. As always, we were "thrilled" by the thriller, and all I can say is thanks for being here David.... nuff said.

#11 Carlos Thomas.... the Businessman. 2 words describe this guy. Total Pro and I'm sure its not going to be too long before thats the class he's riding in. He thinks it out, works it out, knows when to move and when not to. He is explosive on the water and after a couple slow to fire starts... the #11 Honda made up some serious ground that the spectators definately noticed - and I gotta say - they definately enjoyed it!
    The businessman took 3 solid 3rds and tied with Cottle in points, but the 3rd heat breaks the tie and Carlos walked away with a well deserved 2nd overall. CT, you were there when we started, and watching you race now makes me nothing but proud. You are a true champion and you're going to go all the way. nuff said

#1 Matt Saale. Stone Cold Matt Saale. When this guy is in the groove there is no stopping him, and today he was in the groove. In a powerhouse class with lots of talent - this incredible racer took 3 wire to wire wins uncontested, unchallenged, and all that could be seen behind the ski was a trail of smoke because today - this dude was on fire. On sunday I had to work the event on the patrol boat for the airshow, and the Patriot Jets flew right overhead with the afterburners glowing orange. Reminded me of Saale the day before. Stone Cold had those afterburners glowing all day long and at this very special race - Saale definately owned the SCXP Fast Sitdown class. 3 words.... I was amazed. Congrats Matt, you were awesome. nuff said

Heres 4 more words for ya.... I'm late for work - more coming soon

jim
    Last edited by TIOARI; 09-08-2008 at 01:37 PM.

+1
    Wow -
    Where are all the comments? Since you guys are slacking, I'll make my own about such an incredible day... 2 words for ya - "Let's talk".
    Great report Jim.

I don't think you'll see the same amount of chatter over here as you do at pwcyesterday. Give it time. Once folks find out that they don't have to be abused here, it will pick up.

+1
    Well, the delta won this battle. Delta- 1, Ryan- Zero.

This was a tough race. It was a lot of fun though.

What was really cool was the parade lap for Zach and Libby. I was in the front of the group, turned around, and seeing all of the racers riding the course was flat out awesome!

Jim and Safety Staff, Thanks Again for another great race!

2007 World Finals Beer Pong Champion
    I agree, I have never had so much fun going slow before. feels good to be apart of something like that

+1
    How come it takes Jim so long to post results?
    Here - allow me to shed a little light on that subject...

There I was, minding my own business, getting ready to leave work at 10pm. 32 oz non fat iced latte in hand, and looking forward to jetting home and getting into some serious standup recap...

I jump in my van, and the harbor security guard stops by and says hey jim, I don't recognize that car and it wouldn't stop at the office. I smile and say "I can fix that!" I find the car on the back side near the dry storage boats, and the dude ends up being allergic to headlights... He makes a fast dash for the exit, but hey dude, I'm with DJSA - nobody is beating me off the line!!!

I block the guy in similar to what I saw the 95 and 43 skis do at Pittsburg.... (oh wait, I didn't see that....) and the guy jumps out of the car armed with a rachet from a socket set! He instantly saw I was armed with a bigger... uh....well....ratchet, and he dropped his and put his hands behind his back like a good little burglar.

I looked in his car and saw two 5 gallon gas cans, 6 feet of clear syphon tubing, gloves, a hammer, and a whole bunch of other things we call "burglar tools" when they aren't being used for a lawful purpose...

Dude, you have a boat here?
    Nope.
    You a berther here?
    Nope.
    Why are you trespassing at a closed marina?
    I thought it was open.
    You thought you were trespassing at an open marina?
    Ya I guess so.
    I probably already know the answer to this one, but why do you have gas cans and syphon tubing in your car?
    Well, you're not going to believe this but...
    You're right, I'm not going to, but take a shot at it anyways...
    My other car ran out of gas the other day, so I borrowed this one from my buddy to find a gas station and get some gas.
    You always take a syphon tube with you to the gas station to get gas?
    Well - ya.
    Have you ever tried putting the nozzle from the pump directly into the gas can?
    Are you making fun of me?
    Yes.
    You don't believe me?
    No.
    Why not?
    Because the car you're driving is on empty and the fuel light is flashing.
    Oh ya, can you turn my car off before it runs out of gas...
    Hey I couldn't help but notice you have a billy club on the right floorboard of your car... you know thats illegal right?
    Ya, but its not mine.
    You know its illegal, but you're driving a car around with something you know is illegal because its not yours?
    Ya, I guess...
    Hey dude, heres 5 words for you.
    What words?
    I guess you're under arrest...
    Aw man this sucks!
    Ok, I have 7 more words for you -
    What words?
    Don't hate the player - hate the game!
    I don't want to talk to you anymore.
    Ok, but I only have 8 more words for you and then I'll shut up.
    What words?
    Dude your car just ran out of gas!
    *&^*()&^%#[email protected]^&*@( !!!

And so it goes -
    The evidence logging...
    The paperwork...
    The trip to the slammer...
    and instead of hammering out recaps - I hammer out a recap of another kind, but hang tight guys - I'll get them posted after a few hours sleep!

Stay safe....
    jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information