Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 SeaDoo 230 Wake 510HP - Wrong Subforum?

Im not to sure where I should have posted something like this but figured since the seadoo boats do have 4 Tec Engines I figured here.

I was interested in purchasing the 430HP this year but decided to pass on it since I bought the RXT-X ... Now after seeing they upgraded the engine to 510HP I think I want to go ahead and end up getting one for next summer but I have a concern..

Since the boats use the same engines as jetskis I would asume docking the boat in Salt Water would be bad correct? Its more of a Fresh Water boat im guessing? I guess I can ask the dealer but they wont always be 100% with you..

Thanks all.

+1
    Not sure what your logic is? I would think that with closed loop cooling that it would fair better than many others.

OBJ

Compared to other boats, the Seadoo boats are probably one of the better ones to dock in salt water since they are closed loop cooling. The engine circulates coolant while the ride plate acts as a radiator/heat exchanger, and the external water feed only cools the exhaust/intercooler. Your always going to get corrosion from salt water, but not in the engine cooling passages like you would with a normal open loop cooled boat.

I know thats what many say about jetskis with the closed loop cooling but they say still after riding in salt water you should always flush it out and all.. I was wondering basically how thats done with a boat?

I read the manuals before and its like a jetski with the bilge plugs and etc it seemed like it wasnt a boat that should stay in salt water docks etc..etc maybe im just wrong i dunno

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alb0zf1n3st View Post
    I know thats what many say about jetskis with the closed loop cooling but they say still after riding in salt water you should always flush it out and all.. I was wondering basically how thats done with a boat?

I read the manuals before and its like a jetski with the bilge plugs and etc it seemed like it wasnt a boat that should stay in salt water docks etc..etc maybe im just wrong i dunno
    I am also wondering the same thing, as I plan to buy the same boat and keep it in salt water. I hope someone with experience helps us out.

Yeah, its something that kinda bothers me.. I mean its a $50k boat .. I want a jetboat not something with a prop.. Insane power too 510HP lol gets to me big time makes me want it more but Im in NY .. I go up to Lake Hopatcong NJ alot but im more of a sea person with belmar, point pleasant, ny harbor so I wanna know if there will be a problem docking for the summer in salt water..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alb0zf1n3st View Post
    Yeah, its something that kinda bothers me.. I mean its a $50k boat .. I want a jetboat not something with a prop.. Insane power too 510HP lol gets to me big time makes me want it more but Im in NY .. I go up to Lake Hopatcong NJ alot but im more of a sea person with belmar, point pleasant, ny harbor so I wanna know if there will be a problem docking for the summer in salt water..
    Yeah, I'm in north jersey. Actually thinking about keeping it in ny harbor also and then taking trips to the jersey shore and out to long island. Question for you, as you would most likely have a GPS because of sea travel, where would you mount it on the boat? I've looked into that before, but haven't come up with an solid answers. I'm talking about the mounted GPS, not the handheld.

I run in salt water..From what I understand a good spray down along with a flush of the exhaust does the trick. I dont store mine in Salt, but I always wash down and flush after every use. My previous boat had open cooling system... Not nearly as good as the closed for salt.

Beats me to be honest with you... Thats something I have not even thought about yet..

Thats something Im going to start thinking about now also lol.. What gps system are you looking at then?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by svtjoe View Post
    I run in salt water..From what I understand a good spray down along with a flush of the exhaust does the trick. I dont store mine in Salt, but I always wash down and flush after every use. My previous boat had open cooling system... Not nearly as good as the closed for salt.

Right, but if you keep the boat IN salt water, how could you every totally flush it out? Because it's going to be taking in the salt water from the intake, right? I feel like flushing it would be almost pointless. I agree, the closed loop is great, much better than open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information