Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Ultra 250X

New Ultra 250X

I am finalizing my decison on what new pwc to get. I currently have a 00 GP1200R that I am keeping no matter what I decide. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the 250X and FX SHO. I Just have concerns about the reliability of sea-doo and the dealers in my area. I have Yamaha and Kawasaki dealers local that are big dealers that have good support.

The Kawasaki just seems like a knock out deal compared to the SHO. I can get a new 08 Ultra 250X with trailer, 4 yr additonal warranty, and all fees for $10,550 which is less than the price of just the SHO I am getting.

I ahve been a Yamaha guy but have no issues switching, but I guess I am just looking for a comfortable high power ski that will pull my big butt out of the hole quickly, have good top end, and be reliable. I know the Kawi gets bad rap for gas mileage, but is it really that much worse than the SHO? I know the SHO is more up front but it may not take too long to eat through that extra $1500-$2000 in gas costs.

I run on a descent sized lake with 1-2 ft chop most all the time except during the week when I am not there. I dont care about storage or anything like that since we have a house and am not going on long trips with it.

I am pretty heavily leaning 250X but just want to get the feedback from owners to make sure I am going the right way.

Jason

Best feedback I can give would be RIDE THEM BOTH, and see what you like. Dont take it from us, cause I LOVE my 250X..Monster outta the hole, good top end, and eats chop for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    I love my ultra250

BUT

Cost of gas makes me ride a lot less this year.

at WOT maybe 2 hours on a good day of ridding (per tank FULL)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    I love my ultra250

BUT

Cost of gas makes me ride a lot less this year.

at WOT maybe 2 hours on a good day of ridding (per tank FULL)
    Imo thats not awful, maybe 12 gallons of fuel per hour at WOT. I have heard the SHO is in the 10 range. I just think its too good of a deal to pass up, I would prefer the blue but they have one white/green one left.

$8799 for the ski
    $110 doc fee
    $870 4 year extended warranty
    $800 trailer
    $10,580
    $740 7% tax
    $11,320 out the door.

$8799 for the ski is a steal. Where the hell are you getting that kind of deal?

Gas will be an issue with both, but if you don't go nuts with the throttle you can last more then a day on a tank. I've also sat on both and much preferred the feel of the Ultra. The Ultra also has way more storage space for those days you want to pack a cooler and make a day of it.

I think that is the only real downfall with the Kawi, it drinks per hour the full capacity of the fuel tank. In the tech specs it states 70L/hr which I believe is 18.5 Gal/hr. But Kawi imo has the best reliability record for pwcs out there. I have owned a few stand-ups and never once needed to put a wrench to them. My Sea-Doo, well let's just leave that one alone haha. I've ridden it 3 times since the first of June and spent the rest of the summer working on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the machine and I'm the first owner it has seen to give a darn about it, but until I get all the bugs worked out, it will be a very long repair project.

My last ski was a '92 SX650 stand-up, owned it for about 7 or 8 years and only had to trim the high tension leads once. Other than that...not a single issue. Even the battery they installed in it when I bought it, lasted right up until I traded it in hah! The price on that ski is amazing dude, here in Ontario that ski sells for 15 grand...at least at the dealer I worked for and we were getting yelled at by other dealers for having too low of a price for them to compete with...so you really would be getting a steal. Oh, the green and white colors imo, the nicest and cleanest looking color scheme they have

Well its done. I bought a brand new still in the crate 08 Ultra 250X. I got the red, I really wanted blue but all they had left was two red ones and the white/green was a demo that was kinda beat up so not much interest there. I am very happy with the deal and the dealer experience. Unfortunalty I have at best 2 weeks left before it gets too cold to ride.

$8799 - Ultra 250X
    $750 - 4 year extended warranty (5 yr total)
    $750 - Single trailer
    $50 - doc/title fee

$10,349 + sales tax

I bought it at Woodsen Motorsports in Fort Wayne, IN. The dealership is owned by the ex Steeler Rod Woodsen who is from Fort Wayne originally.

Quote Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
    Well its done. I bought a brand new still in the crate 08 Ultra 250X. I got the red, I really wanted blue but all they had left was two red ones and the white/green was a demo that was kinda beat up so not much interest there. I am very happy with the deal and the dealer experience. Unfortunalty I have at best 2 weeks left before it gets too cold to ride.

$8799 - Ultra 250X
    $750 - 4 year extended warranty (5 yr total)
    $750 - Single trailer
    $50 - doc/title fee

$10,349 + sales tax

I bought it at Woodsen Motorsports in Fort Wayne, IN. The dealership is owned by the ex Steeler Rod Woodsen who is from Fort Wayne originally.

Congrats. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Congrats. Enjoy it.
    Thanks Im pretty pumped. I am going to head to the lake this weekend to break it in. Then hopefully the next weekend the weather will somewhat cooperate and I can let her rip.

I pick it up Wednesday, it comes in tomorrow and they are going to unbox it, clean it up, and put it on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
    ...Unfortunalty I have at best 2 weeks left before it gets too cold to ride...
    All the money you saved on Ultra you can now put into wetsuits, gloves, booties etc to ride year round wherever!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information