Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new 2009 SeaDoo IS

I've been wathcing all the posts and listening - So, this is just food for thought:

Disclaimer - I have no loyalty to any PWC brand, I have bought and will continue to buy whatever craft I can that will propel me across the ocean as fast and as reliably as possible.

Back in the day when I owned my built out 2001 Yamaha XLT 1200 for offshore application (one of the better platforms of the day), the new 215 hp supercharged intercooled RXP hit the market. I remember saying "no friggin way," too much stuff going on in that engine; 4-stroke, supercharged and intercolled on three cylinders!??! I remember thinking are you kidding? My mind was closed..... That engine later made its way into the 2005 RXT and I bought that. If you reflect back at the last few years, that first 215 hp RXP raised the bar far beyond the current standard maintained by the other manufacturers. Many of them had no choice but to follow. Look at the race results that the RXP and RXT have achived in the past years and look at where that one craft took the industry.

With the new IS, I have chosen to keep an open mind. Iniatilly I looked at the three ECU's, brakes, suspension, upper deck etc. etc. and said "you gotta be kidden me, no friggin way" but only for a split second....... reminiscent of the thoughts I had back in the day of the first RXP. So, I've cought myself and I have chosen to keep an open mind with this new craft. It is truly revolutionary in so many ways and there are so many unknowns with this new technology that it is par for the course that there will be many (including myself) that won't be comfortable with it - initially. I suspect that much of this technology will be refined and copied by other manufacturers in the years to come - just like the RXP. Will I buy one this year, probably not...... but something tells me that many of the offshore folks will end up with one of these in the coming years. So, my respectful suggestion is to keep an open mind.

Side note for the offshore folks - Also keep an open mind to the new 1500cc Turbo Honda - hearing a ton about the potential with this craft for offshore application
    Last edited by Socaloffshore; 09-08-2008 at 05:28 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Time will tell my good man time will tell.

I personally like the new ski and the features but I think I will be adding(or replacing) on of the flock for the 2010 season, the gives the ski some real world time to get sorted out.

+1
    I will have 1 at the next LB2Cat race... so we will see how it does

+1
    I have heard some good things about that new Honda also...
    but I can't find very many people who have them yet.

I can stoop as low as getting a Honda, sorry no matter the stories or whatever they have going for them for what the last 5 years of their history?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    I can stoop as low as getting a Honda, sorry no matter the stories or whatever they have going for them for what the last 5 years of their history?
    ??? What the hell does that mean...

Honda's jetskis havent been out long enough for them to impress me the way a SD or Yami does, shyt Id go back to Kawi be4 Honda. I just looked at their models, their top model costs more then a X 14300, ouch, they dont look bad tho.

+1
    I agree with SoCal. This will probably be industry changing technology but it will need to mature first. I definitely think SD was thinking offshore endurance racing on a side note when they designed the deck suspension. I like the stealth look myself but like everyone else I think the price is too high. I bet it still sells briskly though. I want one but I won't buy one cause I've barely got the T-X broke in (19 hours).

I would buy one if I raced off shore, but dont and I like wave jumping so the weigh and length would kill me. I know if the FZR doesnt come out on time like in feb/march Ill be getting a TX

+1
    The T-X can definitely get some serious air. They say 3 seaters dont jump well. I scared myself silly on my first jump. Wondered if I was gonna have handlebar for lunch that day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information