+1

Drive shaft / Transon alignment question

I have a 2003 GP1300R with mods in signiture. My next project is to reinforce the pump tunnel so I figure tackle this at the same time if its an issue. Thanks for the help.

When looking through the pump nozzel from the rear of the ski, the impeller is not centered in the pump. It is over to the left side of the pump/wear ring, but not touching the wear ring. Verically it is centered, but horizontally it almost touches the left side of the wear ring and the right side has a larger gap. The wear ring is in very good condition and the impeller is in good condition also.

The transom plate is against the factory stops and has never been taken off. I am not sure if this is a driveshaft / motor alignment issue, transom issue, or something that does not matter as performance does not seem to be affected.

Please let me know your thoughts.

+1
    Maybe take the steering and exit nozzles off and use feeler guages to measure were the prop blades sit against the wear ring.Use a marker and mark the prop and wear ring so you know exactly were measurments were taken from.Document everything.Then pull the pump out and take the same measurments to see if there is a difference.Its a good time to inspect pump bearings for play etc...

ALWAYS disconnect the battery when working around the prop.Its just a safety issue and only takes a few seconds to do.

+1
    Thanks for the ideas. I first noticed this when I bought the ski with 11 hours back in January of this year. The issue is the same now with 23.6 hours on the ski. The pump bearings look good, and the measurement remains the same if the pump is completely put together and when the pump nozzle's are off.

The ski runs great with little cavitation. The pump shoe is sealed, I have a 1200 grate. It pulls hard and strong. Not sure if I should "leave it alone because its not broken"

It almost looks like I could move the transom plate over .025" and everthing would be perfect. Not sure what to do, if anything at all.

Good suggestion to disconnect the battery when working on the pump!

+1
    Any thoughts?

+1
    A couple clear pics would help.

Thread Information