Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB yamaha xl1200 carbs

Hey y'all Im new here and I need a set of carbs for my 98 yamaha xl 1200, Anybody got 3 of these laying around or have some advice for a newbie i would appreciate it. Thanks for reading, Steve Feathers-- Warner Robins,GA
    Last edited by swfeathers; 09-09-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: correction

you need to know what year! the 99 up and the 98 uses dif carbs! look at the HIN tag at the back of your craft and see the last 2 #'s or post a pic of the motor

Thanks for the tip it is a 98 i will edit my post, appreciate the fast reply

What is wrong with yours?? Edit ! and welcome to the site! you found a great resource

Kinda long story...I bought these skis,used them once and wife decided she wants a boat instead. Installed new plugs before putting them for sale and the yammie redlines immediately after start up. I know from other engines thats usually indicating an air problem. I take it to local dealer and they have my ski 9 weeks then call and say they stripped out the jets and cant rebuild the carbs, they wanna sell me a rebuilt set for 800 bones. i settle with them and bring the ski home with a box of carbs parts. The carbs look pretty bad and im no ski mech so i figured it would be easier for me to bolt a set down rather than rebuild.

that blows! I guess they admitted to it though? what did you settle on?? $

I was at the dealer for about 4 hours trying to clear this up. They wanted to bill me like 500.00 labor. I damn near lost it...we setlled at 200.00 for a check out fee and some other bs, pretty much it was pay this or go to court so i cut my losses.

Quote Originally Posted by swfeathers View Post
    I was at the dealer for about 4 hours trying to clear this up. They wanted to bill me like 500.00 labor. I damn near lost it...we setlled at 200.00 for a check out fee and some other bs, pretty much it was pay this or go to court so i cut my losses.
    Well I guess your lucky? I have seen people pay way more for way worse! Check those carbs I linked to! Keddano is an outstanding guy or check ebay!

ty I will, i would like to find a set ready to install.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information