Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

07 GP 1300 or 07 FX Cruiser HO?

Sorry newbie question...
    I realize these are apples and oranges but that's where I'm at. I'm looking for a toy (slightly used) that I can play on in smooth water and occasionally run out into the gulf to jump a few waves. I have been on the FX HO and it was a lot of fun but I wondered how quickly it would get boring. I plan on having 2 people on it part of the time. I live on the Bay, one mile from the Gulf of Mexico.

What's the GP like going on a 10 mile cruise with 2 people? What's it like in the waves with one? How do the two compare for speed/acceleration and fuel consumption? Lots of questions...Thanks ahead of time for ANY insight you can offer. Great site!

Smooth water and then some wave jumpin, I'm goin with the GPR. However, if you're riding 2 up a lot in waves I'm going with the HO. If the 2 up riding is in smooth water then no problem with the GPR, it's just not pleasant 2 up in rough water. If the majority of your riding will be 2 up, then consider the HO, otherwise I would go with the GPR.

Carol Stream, IL
    +1 I still think the GPR is way more fun!!! But it is can be difficult with 2 up and lots of waves!

4. +1 by:

Wylie, Texas
    I considered a GP, but I wanted a 4 cycle. Started and ended there.

Funky town (Fort Worth TX)
    The FX's are nice boats... but I think the resale on a GP1300r will probably be better. People are in love with these things! My neighbor has a fx140 and she rode my 05 Honda R-12x (shes cute and rode the piss outta it!). She said wow, I like the way it handles... by no means am I comparing it to a GPR... but just size wise... I rode her fx and enjoyed it, very smooth relaxed riding, but the GPR sounds like what you are looking for... I haven't ridden a 05+ GPR but everything I've heard and seen is very nice!

Thanks for the replies...PLEASE continue. It has been years since I owned a PWC and much has changed.

I would only be riding 2 when it is smooth out. There's always the chance that it can get bumpy before you get home but that's understandable. I have read that the seat is very wide. Does that make it uncomfortable when sitting down? How stable is it with 2 people sitting still (I owned a Wave Blaster years ago)? How about fuel consumption?
    Thanks again...

Savannah, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I owned a Wave Blaster years ago Thanks again...
    If you owned a Blaster before well you know what "unstable" is. It actually depends on your size and the size of your passenger. I am 285 and a passenger is out of the question on the GPR. I recently bought an "old skool" 3 seater and I love it!!! I will buy nothing but a three seater in the future. So if I were you I would go with the new technology and get the FXHO!!!
    BTW I would have bought one but it was not in the budget.

Central FL
    We have a GPR and a FX HO
    GPR is a bit quicker all around. THE GPR is more fun to play on and jump waves, but its very unstable with 2 "full-size" people. The FX-HO gets pretty much twice the MPG of the GPR, and is mo' betta' for lazy cruising/2 up

Savannah, GA
    I gotta ask ya "PuprleNuprleGPR" is there a reason for the unique spelling of your user name?

I was afraid his spelling is because of what it does to your body with a wide seat and a bumpy ride...

I'm 170lb and the Mrs. is 120.
    I used to be big time into Jet Ski's when I was younger but now I fish offshore. It's an expensive sport and I don't know how much I want to spend on another toy. We just moved to the Bay and I can launch from my backyard. I thought it might be something fun to play with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information