Rear oil pressure sensor - Where is it?

Okay, I'm sure normally a search would be in order for this type of request, but I have tried so many ways... the word "oil" is eliminated from the search. I tried quotes around "oil pressure" and it returns no results. I tried browsing for a few hours and although I read some interesting posts, I still have not found this.

I need to replace my rear oil pressure sensor. From what I've read, it's the one on the block by the oil filter. I have a '03 GTX SC. I looked through the manual for help too. I have alread removed the black plastic piece that the front seat latches too as well as the large tube that runs into it.

So where can I find this thing? Either a reference to a manual page or some pictures or an old thread that has this info would be perfect. I assume I'll have to remove something more to be able to get to it, but want to make sure I'm removing the right parts.

A little history here - I just bought the ski about a month ago and it started giving me an oil alert when I try to take off after warming it up when I first take it out. The previous owner had told me he just replaced the sensors so when I went back and asked, he found out the dealer gave him old parts. So the dealer made good and gave him the new ones which in turn he shipped to me. I replaced the front one and it is still doing the same thing, so I can only assume the back one is the cause (at least I hope).

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Look under the throttle body it has one wire going to it.
    Make sure u have 3/4 up between bends on the the stick when checking oil.

I'll check to see quick if I can see it there.

I am exactly in the middle of the two bends after I pumped out some of the oil from the previous owner overfilling (was at the very top and maybe 1/16th past the top). It is still giving me the alarm. On the up-side I gained about 300 RPM's by adjusting to the correct oil level.

okay, I see it. Now how do I get to it?

Banned User
    +1
    TB has to come off...

I was afraid of that... I don't have a torx socket. Guess I'll have to break down and get a set. Might as well buy my impeller removal tool while I'm at it. Any other tools I'll need?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    If you need the inverted torx sockets in a pinch SEARS usually has them for about $20.

Banned User
    +1
    That or any hardware store. I picked up a Husky set from Home Depot for $9.99...

And don't drop the clip when you remove the connection. They are very easy to loose and very hard to replace... Ron

Thread Information