Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

speedster sport boat question...

Ok been just looking at some recently and trying to figure out if the 4stroke 155 non super charger is enough power, and what the diffs in top speed planing and fuel millage is between the merc motor, and the supercharged and non super charged ones.

Anyone have a link or something I can read?

YOu should ask that question in the Performance boats section under Sea-Doo sports boat.

There you go:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

try the performance boat section... But if you want to tube or ski behind it the 215 is the only way to go in my opinion..

What kind of ski do you have?? I have a Blue Demon... And you have the blue Dragon...

Here is the Blue Dragon...!!!
    It's a 2005 Challenger 180 (C180) with the 215Hp package in it.
    Many upgrades into it, went full stage 2, then back to stock (probably just beacause of a bad used propeller that wasn't up to the task) , i may be looking into putting a rude set-up on it, and put it somewhere in the stage 3.5 or something...!!! To 'match' the look of the boat...!

Last edited by Jeepster; 09-09-2008 at 10:27 PM.

We really like this sport boat....but i will tell you....either i resell it to get a 255Hp C180....or i keep it and then rebuild either a Rude or a turbo kit on it...i want this baby to scream...!

I'm thinking more and more to a nice turbo kit....any sponsors here that want to see the first Turbo Jetboat on the water...???
    Last edited by Jeepster; 09-09-2008 at 10:36 PM.

I have the 155hp. I just got it. I really like it. I think the power is great with 2 people and full gear. Planes almost instantly and tops out at 48 or so gps (with full fuel, food, gear). Very reliable engine I am told and it is great on gas.

2 people pulling a wakeboarder shouldnt be a problem unless they are over 200lbs. If you are into watersports and will have a full load, get the SCIC

I came from a 20' yamaha twin engine (1200cc 135hp each) with mods on it. That had an insane holeshot, but it was $140 in gas every Sat! I enjoy this boat.

Next boat will be a c180...that boat above looks hot!

Thanks...!

Quote Originally Posted by svtjoe View Post
    I have the 155hp. I just got it. I really like it. I think the power is great with 2 people and full gear. Planes almost instantly and tops out at 48 or so gps (with full fuel, food, gear). Very reliable engine I am told and it is great on gas.

2 people pulling a wakeboarder shouldnt be a problem unless they are over 200lbs. If you are into watersports and will have a full load, get the SCIC

I came from a 20' yamaha twin engine (1200cc 135hp each) with mods on it. That had an insane holeshot, but it was $140 in gas every Sat! I enjoy this boat.

Next boat will be a c180...that boat above looks hot!
    Thanks alot, I do a mix but for the most part it seems the non super charged is more then enough, I've waked boarded behind a older challenger with twin engines, not sure if they where 800s or 720 twins. Anyways it was a little hard pull to get up but the boat was loaded too.

I like the fast planing that's a big bonus for me, the GF has been talking about it and I don't want two ski's, this way I can get away with keeping mine for "fun time"...jumping etc maybe get a modded wavebaster or xp800 hehe

Any links or info on fuel mileage? or should I just base it roughly off the fuel mileage of the super charged GTX etc...

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    I have the 155 HP 4-Tec and yes it's a little better on gas then the SCIC model.

It pulls a skier or tube with no problem.

It has lots of power and I love it.

The only time it's not fast enough is when an SCIC model flys buy me like i'm standing still.......

But honestly it's a great boat for 2 people,If your gonna have all 4 seats filled with passengers most of the time then you might wanna get the Super Charged Model

But with all the wear ring problems I will be sticking with my 155 HP 4-Tec

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information