+1

Dess Programming

Hi all. For any1 that knows. Is it possible to hav 1 of your DESS keys programmed to have a lower rev limit than standard, so you could have a key set at like 7000 rpm and then have a full power key. Its just that i have a lil sis that likes to ride + others in the family and i would like to be able to hold the ski back abit. I mean im looking at getting a rude charger and i know that it will be a mean boat with that on and dont want just anybody getting on it and being able to go flat out. But I dont want it held back to like learner key speed. Thanks R88

I see in your signature, you did not change the ECU.
    I think its not a problem. Talk to your dealer and ask him to set the key with the BUDS software.....................Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Hi all. For any1 that knows. Is it possible to hav 1 of your DESS keys programmed to have a lower rev limit than standard, so you could have a key set at like 7000 rpm and then have a full power key. Its just that i have a lil sis that likes to ride + others in the family and i would like to be able to hold the ski back abit. I mean im looking at getting a rude charger and i know that it will be a mean boat with that on and dont want just anybody getting on it and being able to go flat out. But I dont want it held back to like learner key speed. Thanks R88

My 05 has a learning key was that not available in 2004.

+1
    What do you mean you have a learning key?? I have got a learner key also but i dnt want to keep others held back to 30MPH would just like to keep them below 70. Also if the revs are limited then the acceleraion will be abit slower. My ski isnt just for me to ride others ride as well but it is starting to get to the piont where it is a bit much for just any1 to jump on and have fun. After all that is what skis are all about so i dnt want this to stop for others because i have modded the ski alot. R88

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    I see in your signature, you did not change the ECU.
    I think its not a problem. Talk to your dealer and ask him to set the key with the BUDS software.....................Good luck!
    Thankyou sir. No i havent gone for the ECU and i dnt think that I will. The 04s need more than just the valve train upgrading to run it. Fly wheel bolts and im sure i have read about a few other things that should be changed to keep reliability. I saw that vid of you against the TX was it the camera angle or did you smash him??? It looked like your holeshot is crazy fast??

Yes, the holeshot is awesome!!!
    But, next time i have to work on the Topspeed, its only 80!
    I think i send the SC to Jerry, over the wintertime. To shim it in

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    What do you mean you have a learning key?? I have got a learner key also but i dnt want to keep others held back to 30MPH would just like to keep them below 70. Also if the revs are limited then the acceleraion will be abit slower. My ski isnt just for me to ride others ride as well but it is starting to get to the piont where it is a bit much for just any1 to jump on and have fun. After all that is what skis are all about so i dnt want this to stop for others because i have modded the ski alot. R88

I was refering to the key that keeps your ski at 30 mph. I don't think that the top speed is adjustable on it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    I was refering to the key that keeps your ski at 30 mph. I don't think that the top speed is adjustable on it.
    Not the top speed, but im very sure the RPM!

+1
    Ok, wel im pretty sure that the only thing that keeps the speed down is a pre programmed lower rev limit so in theory if i have this rev limit lifted then the ski will go faster. On the second key that is. Then i can have a key for me and any1 i trust enough that is full power. Yeeehaaaaaaaaa!!! Thanks any1 else have any info on this?? R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    Yes, the holeshot is awesome!!!
    But, next time i have to work on the Topspeed, its only 80!
    I think i send the SC to Jerry, over the wintertime. To shim it in
    Jezz that is a long way to send your sc. I hope you will insure it. C kits aint cheap i kno!!!

Thread Information