Race Bouys Anchors

So I was looking on Overtons today and I just happened to find there 9 inch ski bouys for 2 dollars a piece! I Have been looking into getting some to set up a mini race course just to skrew around with at the lake and i think they will be perfect for what were going to do with them. Now that I have purchased the bouys I have to come up with an idea for an ancor for each of them. Idealy I would love sand bags however at 20 a piece it just doesnt seem like money well spent when i spent 8 for the bouys. So I was thinking of the good old block of concrete. Take a kids sand bucket get an I hook pour the concrete and stick the hook in there. Seems like it would work, only problem is then you have 4 concrete blocks to lug around. So im asking b.c I want to know if anyone has any other ideas on what to use that is similar to the sand bags but not nearly as expensive. Let me have um!
    david

can a mod move this to General Discussion Please.
    thanks
    david

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    half gallon milk jugs filled with concrete. Handle is where you tie the rope.

Banned User
    +1
    Cinder blocks from Home Depot

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    So I was looking on Overtons today and I just happened to find there 9 inch ski bouys for 2 dollars a piece! I Have been looking into getting some to set up a mini race course just to skrew around with at the lake and i think they will be perfect for what were going to do with them. Now that I have purchased the bouys I have to come up with an idea for an ancor for each of them. Idealy I would love sand bags however at 20 a piece it just doesnt seem like money well spent when i spent 8 for the bouys. So I was thinking of the good old block of concrete. Take a kids sand bucket get an I hook pour the concrete and stick the hook in there. Seems like it would work, only problem is then you have 4 concrete blocks to lug around. So im asking b.c I want to know if anyone has any other ideas on what to use that is similar to the sand bags but not nearly as expensive. Let me have um!
    david
    Take your ex-wife, cut her into as many pieces as you need, and after you get out of jail, get some bricks.

I think your on the right track with making some concrete blocks, with the hooks in them. you can use cinderblocks as well, but you still have to drill in the hooks.
    Yes, lugging them around sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    half gallon milk jugs filled with concrete. Handle is where you tie the rope.
    Hmmm... good idea! Easy to keep clean, transport, carry, and no drilling/tools required.

Thank you sir,

-=Mike

Thread Information