Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hot to solve wet plugs

everything i start my skii out of the water, i need to clean the plugs always to start it, i cant start it when the plugs are wet... how to solve this?

i have a question guys, if you break in you engine with 32:1 ratio, does the engine keeps wetting the plugs running it out of the water?

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    i have a question guys, if you break in you engine with 32:1 ratio, does the engine keeps wetting the plugs running it out of the water?
    I've had wet plugs through my tuning time on my 780. Never really had a tough time starting it even with heavy jetting. I have had to hold the trottle wide open to get it started at times, but generally it would always start. When I was really rich, it may have taken 3 attempts to start it, but never had to pull the plugs to dry them to start it. I did pull them to see how wet they were.

what could be the problem

even the oil really exist at the tip of the plugs star? your ski will still start without removing the plugs?

+1
    The video I posted on my project, was the 2nd time it was started. It ran for about a minute before the video was taken. I had to open the throttle, but it started right up.
    After idling through the marina for a few minutes, shutting off, then try to restart was my toughest time. Engine was loaded up, and it would take holding the throttle open, and about 3 attempts to start it when my low spd jets were 82.5's. Now I'm at 75's on the low spds and it starts easily after idling a while.

Never had dripping oil or fuel from my plugs, but they have been really wet.

mine star, i put many oil inside the engine...after rebuilding my engine....it could not be the supply from fuel, but the existing oil in the engine

+1
    How much total run time do you think you have on it? I would think 20 min of run time would be plenty on time to clear the excess oil out. I would think that would be a liberal amount of time. If you really think its oil, pull the pto shaft and let it run a while, and try again.

you mean run on the water hose? or the beach? i havent run on the beach yet, on the hose....just a couple of minutes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    you mean run on the water hose? or the beach? i havent run on the beach yet, on the hose....just a couple of minutes
    Pull the pump and let it run my man. Get the excess oil out of it. You can run it on the trailer for more than 2 minutes at a time if you pull the pto shaft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information