+1

Question AF ratio Gauge or LM1

What are the benifits to the LM1 over innovate's digital AF gauge kit. I only want to use it to get the RRFPR base pressure setup so that im not lean at WOT. I am going rude and dont wana burn my pistons up!! I dont really wana spend the extra money if the gauge is going to give me the info i need then just take it off agian as we cant run with the O2 probe in the exhaust. I read that alot of people have the LM1 and wondered if there was a reason that they havent just gone for the Gauge??? Thanks R88

For an automotive application, a gauge would be nice, but for wet-exhaust PWC, you just can't keep the O2 sensor in there long before it starts to go bad. If you want to mount a gauge that will be off 99.7% of the time, mount a gauge (though chances are the next time you want to check your AFR, water has ruined the gauge). Otherwise, just get your readings of the LM-1 console the day of tuning, and be able to safely store it the rest of the time.

I had to use 42# injectors with the RRFPR to really be in the safe zone with the Rude.

+1
    Right, that all sounds ok. I didnt intend on mouting the gauge permantly i was just going to mount it up for testing and the do as you say and remove once i was done. Yep i think i will def need the 42s coz it never gets all that warm over here in the UK plus im still riding now and the water temp is now down in the 50s. Good for speed runs when the sea is flat enough. Just to clarify then those of you that huse the LM1 onle use it to display your A/F reading?? I think i will go for the gauge but mount it just for testing. Thanks R88

Thread Information