Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Video 08 RXP-X going 81.3,81.6,81.6mph.

Took a video of the RXP-X going 81+mph on gps. Three back to back passes of 81.3, 81.6 and a repeat of 81.6mph. The best the ski has seen is 82.0mph. Temps were 70-74degrees that afternoon at 550feet above sea level. Taken on Lake St. Clair inside Muscamot bay off a little channel that we normally race in located near Anchor Bay Michigan. We normally launch the skis from Metro Beach and ride across the lake into the bay where it's flat and calmer and away from the boat traffic.

This was done with a stock rideplate and stock X-charger. Plus all the stuff listed in my signature.

Thanks Jerry, JD1, and others who helped me out.

If you click the actual link above each video below and play it from youtube you can choose (high quality) to see the video better.

You tube video link.

EDIT---- I added two more videos taken that day.

Finally got them to upload to youtube. You can tell by the date/timestamp on the video they were taken same day.

One video is a brief look at the RXPX to show it's setup and mods, the stock rideplate, holes drilled, and startup...plus and a view of Lake St. Clair.

The next video is two more gps runs 81.5mph and 81.4mph back to back in a short distance before the ski came unhooked due to a wake.

Ignore the mov file since it doesn't work. I can't remove it unless a moderator removes it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Enufpwr; 09-14-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added youtube video

+1
    great job numbers look great cant see the video but looks like my 86mm nozzle has to go if i intend to go......any faster that is.........hahahahahh

---EDIT---
    Updated video to a youtube link above on first post.
    Should be working.
    Last edited by Enufpwr; 09-12-2008 at 07:57 PM.

I've noticed everyone that seems to be getting decent speeds is running open loop cooling. Even if they arent using a Jim's or modified plate. Is this keeping the engine in proper heat range better, and therefore making more power, or is this just a co-incidence..

Because I have about the same mods, and I'm nowhere close, with an 81 ring, I loose speed, down to like 72-73...
    Last edited by boostaholic; 09-12-2008 at 01:03 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    I've noticed everyone that seems to be getting decent speeds is running open loop cooling. Even if they arent using a Jim's or modified plate. Is this keeping the engine in proper heat range better, and therefore making more power, or is this just a co-incidence..

+1

and what holes drilled in Ride plate?

Sorry, don't mean to steal your thread.. But if your getting these kind of speeds, help me bro!! haha

I have yet to make any runs with the B-kit, that happens tonight.. But the only thing Ive done is change chargers. I'm referring to my results with the X-S/C.

Does through hull add that much?? Other than R&D vs. Riva grate, I don't see alot of differences. I can only squeeze 8300 out of my ECU, and that's with an 83mm ring at about 76mph... and your ADDING 1.5mm to the same prop I run, AND using a smaller ring AND getting higher RPM's doesnt this contradict all the rules of tuning for RPM.

I thought:

To Drop RPM's you make the nozzle smaller, or take out prop pitch.

To Gain RPM's you make the nozzle larger, or take pitch away from your prop?

Ill add, call me stupid, but drilling holes through the shoe just doesn't seem like a proper solution to pressure relief to me.. I have no holes drilled anywhere... Until I get my proper pressure relief system setup that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    +1

and what holes drilled in Ride plate?

+1
    Austin--he drilled two one half inch holes in the grate/rideplate/shoe for overstuffing. Most the rest of us have drilled two three eighth inch holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Austin--he drilled two one half inch holes in the grate/rideplate/shoe for overstuffing. Most the rest of us have drilled two three eighth inch holes.
    Yes, sorry about that. I meant to write I went from 2 3/8 holes drilled through the rideplate into the shoe area to 1/2inch holes to help reduce the overstuff issues.

The Riva ecu and prop pitching allowed for me to extend the range where it overstuffs. The 8540rpms is enough to process most of the water to keep it above overstuffing, but I'm still careful when letting the throttle off suddenly incase it overstuffs.

I'm waiting for a pump extension and will add a relief system to that to make sure it's safe. AS OF NOW....the pump shoe holes are working for me, but I'm always carefull because it can overstuff at anytime if I go faster.

Looks like you were running on river with current? Im not sure please verify if it was...you can probably take 2 or 3 mph off the top for current.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information