+1

Low pump 'pressure'

Has anyone during surf riding in aerated water had a Kawi STX 'stall out'? My question is would a 'sensor' be able to go off in response to throttle application and loss of forward movement accordingly resulting in a safe mode being enacted? I've been clocked by a few waves when the ski went into a limp mode or would not respond to throttle application, and I'm not talking about aerated water due to specifically to cavitation....if you get my drift....

Quote Originally Posted by shawn alladio View Post
    is would a 'sensor' be able to go off in response to throttle application and loss of forward movement accordingly resulting in a safe mode being enacted?
    The only sensor on the 12/15F STX that will put the ski inot safe mode (aka limp home mode) are the 2 heat sensors
    1). Water temp sensor on the exh pipe.
    2). Oil temp sensor on the front/bottom crankcase.

I think what you experienced is a EFI related issue such as TPS, ISC, etc. I would run a KDS software on the ski and check for any stored error codes. Since you do most of your riding on salt water, I think a corrosion has something to do with it if any of those parts was indeed acting up.

Meangreen, do u know how to get codes without KDS?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    The only sensor on the 12/15F STX that will put the ski inot safe mode (aka limp home mode) are the 2 heat sensors
    1). Water temp sensor on the exh pipe.
    2). Oil temp sensor on the front/bottom crankcase.

I think what you experienced is a EFI related issue such as TPS, ISC, etc. I would run a KDS software on the ski and check for any stored error codes. Since you do most of your riding on salt water, I think a corrosion has something to do with it if any of those parts was indeed acting up.
    Thank you so much! That could be it.
    Shawn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn alladio View Post
    I've been clocked by a few waves when the ski went into a limp mode or would not respond to throttle application

I've riden in hurricane surf and having full power can save your life... Literally!
    When you've got a 15' breaker bearing down on you, you need to be able to get out of there FAST. I feel for you...
    Last edited by RonJon; 09-13-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    Meangreen, do u know how to get codes without KDS?
    Yes, I knew someone would ask. There are 2 modes you can veiw the codes on your dash-meter, Usere Mode and Dealer Mode.

> USER Mode is what you see everytime when you turn on the key.

> DEALER Mode is where you can check to see if there is any current "active" Error Codes registerring to the ECU at that moment. (Shawn, this mode would not work for you because your ski would run fine after that hick-up and the error would not be active when you are checking - that's why I was suggesting the KDS which is able to check the "stored" error codes. )
    - Press and Hold the SET and MODE button together for 3+ seconds.
    - Eitehr 3 or 4 Alphanumeric "current error codes would appear on the meter. There are approx. 17 types on the 12/15F.
    - In order to return to USER mode, Press and Hold the SET and MODE button together for 1+ second.
    Again, the DEALER Mode would NOT show you the codes if the problem is fixed or if any of the sensors is NOT sensing any abnormality.

Thread Information