Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can a RXP Pass for a 3 seater?

here is my dilemma. I have 2 daughters ages 9 & 7 who want me to get another pwc. I had a 02 RXDI a few years back when they were real little and used to take both out on it "slow" due to their young ages. Although my RXDI was technically a 2 seater, having 3 of us was never a problem.

Now their a little older and ready for tubing, skiing, etc. I'm thinking about getting a used Seadoo 1-2 years old. I'm looking at the RXT 215hp for a nice 3 seater option. But I like the idea of the sporty RXP, which also has the VTS.

So, would an adult and 2 kids on a RXP really be that irresponsible? Would a Sheriff patrol really pick up on a ski's 2 or 3 seat classification?

Any input appreciated.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davesavvy View Post
    here is my dilemma. I have 2 daughters ages 9 & 7 who want me to get another pwc. I had a 02 RXDI a few years back when they were real little and used to take both out on it "slow" due to their young ages. Although my RXDI was technically a 2 seater, having 3 of us was never a problem.

Now their a little older and ready for tubing, skiing, etc. I'm thinking about getting a used Seadoo 1-2 years old. I'm looking at the RXT 215hp for a nice 3 seater option. But I like the idea of the sporty RXP, which also has the VTS.

So, would an adult and 2 kids on a RXP really be that irresponsible? Would a Sheriff patrol really pick up on a ski's 2 or 3 seat classification?

Any input appreciated.
    buy an rxt and be done with it..... if you are questioning the legality of it don't do it

besides most states require a driver and spotter for tubing along with a space for the person on the tube.

+1
    I have put me, my wife and two kids on my RXP, but I would recomend you get a T. You will have more options with it and stay out of legal issue's with the law. Also they are both to dang fast for them!

Get the RXT. As with the above posters have said, many states do require a spotter to be able to go tubing/wakeboarding. It's nearly as quick either way, and will handle the rough stuff a little better.

+1
    Get a GTI, That has more than enough power to pull tubes and it cost less.
    The you can keep the fast one for you and have one that the children can enjoy for years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    put me,I have my wife and two kids on my RXP, but I would recomend you get a T. You will have more options with it and stay out of legal issue's with the law. Also they are both to dang fast for them!
    wow you and your family must be light.
    I had me 230 lbs and 2 pasengers both arround 220 lbs each on the T-X and it was more than a hand full. If the passengers even started to lean it was scary. I had to keep them in the middle.
    I would not do it again but i was moving the passengers to the dock for an emergency.

I cant even imagine overloading the RXP.

IMO If your worried about the power for your girls, get yourself an RXP and then find an older GTX for the girls and tubing etc.

the RXP and your old RX has the same seat

Quote Originally Posted by Davesavvy View Post

Any input appreciated.
    YES, YES and YES to all your ? Not only irresponsible but risky. Do a search on Green Hulk and look for Shawn Aladio. in the safety section. P M "HER" and ,or read all her threads and postings. She's the Guardian Angel of Green Hulk Members and a beauty among the rest of moderators (not kidding)

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    YES, YES and YES to all your ? Not only irresponsible but risky. Do a search on Green Hulk and look for Shawn Aladio. in the safety section. P M "HER" and ,or read all her threads and postings. She's the Guardian Angel of Green Hulk Members and a beauty among the rest of moderators (not kidding)
    +1...get the RXT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information