Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If I goota change the washers should I??

If I goota change the S/C washers should I add a set of green wheels on my 2008 speedster 200 430scic? Is it gonna make a nice diffrence? and then do the intercoolers and prop when I'm ready for my next step. Is this the best route or should I do something different? How hard is it to take the chargers out of my boat? Should BRP absorb some of the cost to change the washers ? Any advice greatly appreciated.

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    Green wheels would be a great addition, since you have to change the washers. Super chargers are easy to remove (search the forum for info). And good luck getting BRP to absorb any cost, LOL!

confused

I'm a little confused.. I thought the 2008 boats came with metal washers. I just bought a new 2008 c180, how would i know if it has the self destructing washers?

I have heard of one person who claimed to have metal washers in their '08 boat. Everyone else has found they had ceramic. If it's true about having metal washers for the one person, their boat was probably built late in the production cycle, after BRP ran out of the older superchargers. Perhaps BRP believes the myth that boats are less prone to break the washers than skis. From what I've seen here, that is false, and may only appear true because of the relative lower number of boats in service as compared to skis. The only way to know is to remove your supercharger and look at the washers around the gear. BRP's metal washers are gold in color, while the ceramics are milky white, grey, sometimes with a greenish tinge. Unfortunately, BRP will not cover the replacements of the ceramics, unless they fail, but it is sooo not worth it to wait for that to happen. The word on the street is ALL '09 products will have OEM metal washers.

Adding a drop-in wheel is worth-while, as long as you have to have the SC open, but the way the SC prices are crashing, you might be able to do better than a drop-in for not much more money.

+1
    I hope the '09s have metal washers, because I don't want to change them if I get the 230 wake. I think I might pull the sc anyway just to make sure it has metal.

which superchargers are comin down in price and which one would be a good direct replacement.

The X-chargers for one, at $698, and people are having a hard time giving away Rude chargers lately. Then you've got the R&D products. It has to drive down the price of everything else; I mean, who's going to pay $693 for just an RR wheel anymore.

So your sayin I could get a x charger for 693 and thats ready to bolt on ? What would it give me just changing those 2 s/c on my speedster and would you go with those or something else . Who do you get them from Jerry?

+1
    How about 2 13 psi chargers for $2250?
    Or 2 new X chargers from Jerry for $698 x 2 + shipping
    Don't forget to upgrade your fueling with either one!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I hope the '09s have metal washers, because I don't want to change them if I get the 230 wake. I think I might pull the sc anyway just to make sure it has metal.
    I like the idea of the 230wake, but all i hear is that its under powered. The 510hp would be a selling point for me. Also I dont like how they did the pass seat, the seats in the other 230 are much nicer IMO. But the drivers seat in the 230 is so much nicer than the 200.
    I would love to take a 510hp 230wake for a rip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information